REIGN OF GIANTS PS4-- AUGUST?!

So idk if theres official ps4 dont starve forums or not, but I'm now under the impression from others in the PS4 community that REIGN OF GIANTS will not be released until August which is 4 months away. I've seen in the past JanH said it'd be released shortly after pc/mac/linux, -- with trailers announcing "coming soon" for the pc, where does it leave us waiting on PS4 release? Any guesstimate from a Dev or knowledgeable source would be appreciated, thanks for your time :joyous:

Well. Don't starve first came on the PC, then as of November, 2013 it came on the PS4. Wait your turn because it'll take time for Klei to code all of the Reign of Giants DLC things onto the PS4. I see this a lot .

Yes i understand dont starve came on PC first, i'm well aware of that and the whole porting over process, but you dont know everything it actually came to PS4 January 2014- no offense. I'm just really after anyone knowledgeable who can give a guesstimate date of release. As i said i seen one dev JanH say shortly after release on PC, an PS4 ppl saying August, just trying to get some info to debunk rumors on PS4 an let all my friends know what i can come up with. Thanks for the reply 

No matter how many times i see something like this, i'll still just think it's nice to see the game getting so much love from the ps4 peeps.

It truly is an amazing game, hard to believe they came up with the concept over a weekend brainstorming, brilliant. I have spent many a day playing Dont Starve and mastered the top, got to know caves, mastered them, got to know ruins, an you get it. I've gotten to the point where i need more challenge and this DLC looks to answer that with so many great features an tweaks to current game mechanics- crockpots/racks spoiling, i just cant wait to buy it an thats why i'm here! I'm glad we can all get to experience this game i would've surely missed out had it not came to PS4. Thanks Klei!

Yes i understand dont starve came on PC first, i'm well aware of that and the whole porting over process, but you dont know everything it actually came to PS4 January 2014- no offense. I'm just really after anyone knowledgeable who can give a guesstimate date of release. As i said i seen one dev JanH say shortly after release on PC, an PS4 ppl saying August, just trying to get some info to debunk rumors on PS4 an let all my friends know what i can come up with. Thanks for the reply 

I understand that, but like I said, I see this "where's PS4 and Standalone versions of Reign of Giants?" question a few times (a bit less than a lot, it's pretty small) but I can't see how JanH would've set it to August. June most likely but August? I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of things being said on this forum by then. And even if it is August, I know that most of the players that play Don't Starve can wait patiently as they do whatever they want (like beat adventure mode!)

I understand that, but like I said, I see this "where's PS4 and Standalone versions of Reign of Giants?" question a few times (a bit less than a lot, it's pretty small) but I can't see how JanH would've set it to August. June most likely but August? I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of things being said on this forum by then. And even if it is August, I know that most of the players that play Don't Starve can wait patiently as they do whatever they want (like beat adventure mode!)

No the rumors i'm hearing on the ps4 side of things was August an like you, i dont see it that far off at all. The thing i remember reading from JanH was "shortly after release on pc/mac/linux". I just have ppl insisting to me that they've read August and the only thing on the net i can find relating DLC to August was posted way back in January an nothing since.  As for adventure mode i've already completed it, as well as found Wes already. So, the term August in my title is more or less like- August? As i cant see it being that far off, not saying i expect it in August, if that makes sense 

well an actual release date hasn't been confirmed for pc/linux/and mac yet so how could someone guess a ps4 release? i also play ps4 by the way nice to meet ya

exactly why i'm here, to debunk the rumors so many are spreading.. Like you said its not even OUT officially for them, so where ppl get August is beyond me. Although if you search a few key words like ps4 dont starve DLC August- theres a January article saying something along the lines of release in August as im sure it was purely speculation THAT far back. Also nice to meet you as well

No the rumors i'm hearing on the ps4 side of things was August an like you, i dont see it that far off at all. The thing i remember reading from JanH was "shortly after release on pc/mac/linux". I just have ppl insisting to me that they've read August and the only thing on the net i can find relating DLC to August was posted way back in January an nothing since.  As for adventure mode i've already completed it, as well as found Wes already. So, the term August in my title is more or less like- August? As i cant see it being that far off, not saying i expect it in August, if that makes sense 

I'm Dbouting August for PS4 version and June for Standalone. It'll most likely be sooner for both releases.

Archived