Suggestion - Catcoon nerf

I found a Catcoon early and just gave it some flowers so it would follow me around. The problem is that is is constantly puking up good items. Lots of morsels, berries, silk, gold and enough rot/sticks/grass to last forever. On top of that it constantly kills birds that also drop morsels and feathers.

I am generally not one to call for a nerf but this is ridiculous. By day 5 you are setup for quite some time without doing anything except cutting down trees and collecting rocks. By day 10 I have an excess of gold and silk after making the gold tools, science machines and early game clothes.

Suggestion 1 is to either stop or severely reduce birds from spawning when a Catcoon is on screen (could be negated by wearing the Feather Hat for example) or reduce the chance the bird will drop loot.

Suggestion 2 is make the Catcoon vomit items much less frequently

There are only 9 catcoons in one hollow stump so they are non-renewable so if, for example, some frog rain comes along and kills your catcoon supply there are no more. This probably the only reason why the are so good at the moment.

Archived