When do collapsed rabbit holes return to normal?

I assumed they would open after spring, and I could survive the dry month much like I did in vanilla by farming traps. It is summer now and they are collapsed. Is there anything I need to do to open them, or must I simply wait for autumn?

• Developer

I assumed they would open after spring, and I could survive the dry month much like I did in vanilla by farming traps. It is summer now and they are collapsed. Is there anything I need to do to open them, or must I simply wait for autumn?

Sorry for the late reply--catching up on forums after PAX. Did they stay collapsed through summer? The way the code is written, they should revert back to normal sometime between .5 and 2 days after summer begins (though seasons do have discrete splits, we're trying to blur the lines of when its effects kick in a bit). If you're seeing them get stuck in a collapsed state, we'd like to know. Any additional info you can provide would be great!

Sorry for the late reply--catching up on forums after PAX. Did they stay collapsed through summer? The way the code is written, they should revert back to normal sometime between .5 and 2 days after summer begins (though seasons do have discrete splits, we're trying to blur the lines of when its effects kick in a bit). If you're seeing them get stuck in a collapsed state, we'd like to know. Any additional info you can provide would be great!

Good to have you back. How was PAX?

• Developer

Good to have you back. How was PAX?

Excellent, thanks! Though being on your feet screaming about your game for 8 hours 3 days in a row can get pretty exhausting, it was really fun to show Reign of Giants off to fans, press and newcomers in person!

Excellent, thanks! Though being on your feet screaming about your game for 8 hours 3 days in a row can get pretty exhausting, it was really fun to show Reign of Giants off to fans, press and newcomers in person!

That would have been so cool to meet you guys but I wasn't there unfortunately. I can only imagine the hoarse voices after that! Did you have to work the booth the whole time or did you get to check out what everyone else was displaying?

Sorry for the derail but I enjoy hearing about it, that is, as long as it's not burdensome for you to write about it when you have so much else to do on the forums

• Developer

That would have been so cool to meet you guys but I wasn't there unfortunately. I can only imagine the hoarse voices after that! Did you have to work the booth the whole time or did you get to check out what everyone else was displaying?

Sorry for the derail but I enjoy hearing about it, that is, as long as it's not burdensome for you to write about it when you have so much else to do on the forums

There are some interviews with me done on Sunday floating around--my voice was indeed very hoarse. I was at the booth the entire time, but did have a brief chance to browse the other stuff at the Indie Megabooth, which was excellent as always. Okay, enough derail (and back to work!) :)

I had a problem with collapsed rabbit holes too, and then I just did jot get how they work. If you start in Autumn they're fine and so are in Winter, but when spring comes the system just breaks apart.

Archived