"Up and Away": Paving the Road to Alpha

Up and Away

Up an Away is a large-scale mod for Don't Starve, aiming to add plenty of new content and mechanics to complement Don't Starve, appealing to players old and new. Our goals include adding multiple new worlds, various new mechanics, enemies, animals, plants, weapons, foods, various craftables, a new character, and even an adventure-mode-esque storyline! In the short term, we're working hard to release a public Alpha build of the mod, which will showcase key elements and mechanics, helping us get player feedback to make the mod even better.

bRGxvpe.png
Up and Away brings in quite a few unique items and world elements.

VdsHaZn.png
When first entering the Up and Away world, the Cloud Realm, you will be faced with our own custom worldgen screen.

1IaVVrN.jpg
Behold the Giant Beanstalk, gateway to the Cloud Realm! You must complete a small errand to grow one! (tip: it involves magic beans)

1hyveMR.jpg
This is the starting area of the Cloud Realm; here you can see Sheep, Skyflowers, and Crystals, as well as our unlockable character, Winnie!

f45eEno.png
The main mechanic of the Up and Away is Static, where the whole realm charges with electricity. Static has various effects on the creatures, plants and items of this world, generally being a dangerous time, but also providing unique benefits to survival in this harsh environment.

QK02PPD.png
Skyflies, multicolored bugs that come out during Static. Not only do they add to the ambiance, but we have plans for them to be a major ingredient in alchemy.

4Z9H2k1.jpg
A golden egg, in one of the multiple biomes that appear in the Cloud Realm.

y4gWqgz.jpg
Beanlets, Dragonblood Trees, Skyflowers, Gustflowers, Vines... The Aurora biome is as pretty as it is dangerous.

The future of Up and Away

While much has already been done, there is still work ahead of us before we can call Up and Away ready for alpha release, to be played and tested by regular players. And, beyond the alpha release, there is still much we would like to do, such as adding more elements to the Cloud Realm, two more levels above it (each with its own theme) and a storyline binding the whole experience as a form of adventure mode. If you are interested in helping us bring this ambitious project to life, do not hesitate to drop by our subforum. We are always looking for new collaborators, and we especially need artists willing to become a part of this project (or at least lend a hand on occasion). A large community project such as Up and Away needs a large community in order to thrive.

• Like 10

like pyromania in tf2.. i dont liked.. :/

Sorry to hear that! I didn't know what pyromania was as far as tf2 is concerned, so I looked it up.

As somebody who know where this mod is headed, trust me when I say it's not anything like the pyromania update. The first level may seem similar to that, but it gets more serious further up.

Anyway, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Maybe when the mod releases you may change your mind. :p

Sorry to hear that! I didn't know what pyromania was as far as tf2 is concerned, so I looked it up.

As somebody who know where this mod is headed, trust me when I say it's not anything like the pyromania update. The first level may seem similar to that, but it gets more serious further up.

Anyway, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Maybe when the mod releases you may change your mind. :razz:

ok i'll give a chance ill try it :) thanks..