Bishops Dome, Fling-O-Matic Upgrades and Fertilized Potted Fern

Here are two interesting suggestions that could be a small yet immensely useful addition to RoG.

The first of the two suggestions is an item to help with the problem between Ice Fling-O-Matics and Campfires. The Bishops Dome. What this item does is when used with either a Firepit or that frosty Firepit, would place a glass dome over the fire so that if the Fling-O-Matic were to chuck a snowball a it, the fire wouldn't go out. The machine would throw a few snowballs at it, until it marks it as unimportant and moves onto other, more important, burning objects.

It would be crafted via Glass Shards, a few Cut Stones (Cut Stones would hold the dome above the firepit, not over it, allowing the player to still place logs on the fire) and possibly some Rope at the Alchemy Engine in the Structures/Science Tab. Glass shards would be obtained by killing Bishops (They have a small glass dome on their head, so...).

The other idea is for the constant rain in Spring. The Fertilized Potted Fern. If you were to place a potted fern near your place and fertilize it with about 10 poop or so, It would sprout out, spiraling up in a very satisfying manner and then would for a natural, giant umbrella of leaves, which then would negate ALL wetness. You would need to fertilize it every now and again, though. The plants leaves would start to turn a bit grey and retract letting you know it needs poop.

That's all, again. Let me know what you think!

Here are two interesting suggestions that could be a small yet immensely useful addition to RoG.

The first of the two suggestions is an item to help with the problem between Ice Fling-O-Matics and Campfires. The Bishops Dome. What this item does is when used with either a Firepit or that frosty Firepit, would place a glass dome over the fire so that if the Fling-O-Matic were to chuck a snowball a it, the fire wouldn't go out. The machine would throw a few snowballs at it, until it marks it as unimportant and moves onto other, more important, burning objects.

It would be crafted via Glass Shards, a few Cut Stones (Cut Stones would hold the dome above the firepit, not over it, allowing the player to still place logs on the fire) and possibly some Rope at the Alchemy Engine in the Structures/Science Tab. Glass shards would be obtained by killing Bishops (They have a small glass dome on their head, so...).

The other idea is for the constant rain in Spring. The Fertilized Potted Fern. If you were to place a potted fern near your place and fertilize it with about 10 poop or so, It would sprout out, spiraling up in a very satisfying manner and then would for a natural, giant umbrella of leaves, which then would negate ALL wetness. You would need to fertilize it every now and again, though. The plants leaves would start to turn a bit grey and retract letting you know it needs poop.

The glass shards from the bishops seem a little of a jump...but the potted fern would be nice, as a way to get out of the rain.

I'll go with the potted fern, but only on one condition: it turns into a Venus fly trap every now and then. If so, you've got a deal. 

I'll go with the potted fern, but only on one condition: it turns into a Venus fly trap every now and then. If so, you've got a deal. 

hm...actually, I got another idea...maybe make the type of fertilizer you use on it influence it's growth? Normal beefalo poo makes it grow into a shady-leafy-plant...bat guano makes it a vicious venus fly trap, and rot turns it into a small house plant that grows delicious vegetables every few days...

PS: Meepo, you're in the wrong universe.

hm...actually, I got another idea...maybe make the type of fertilizer you use on it influence it's growth? Normal beefalo poo makes it grow into a shady-leafy-plant...bat guano makes it a vicious venus fly trap, and rot turns it into a small house plant that grows delicious vegetables every few days...

PS: Meepo, you're in the wrong universe.

I never use less than 3 boomerangs. 

The idea of multiple ferns is a good one, but I'd already consider getting a pass on just 1 fern extension a stretch. I'd pick 1 to support and stick to it since Klei seems to be on their own agenda of content at the moment. ;\

Full moon. I'm in. 100%

I gave it some thought and, thing is, Full Moon is the one night where the player doesn't have to crowd around the camp fire, so it's really not much of a drawback for something that otherwise has no durability or drawbacks.

So, I thought that maybe the conversion process would be permanent and its death would revert the plant back to a usual fern (in which it'd have to be refertilised). Alternatively, there'd need to be a more intricate system - and I'm not much in support of intricate systems. 

Yeah, little stuck on this point.

Archived