This is a very underused item, mostly because of it's cost and it's non-efficient fuel source (nightmare fuel). Since we have birch guards that drop living logs, would it be practical if we could use those as well?

This is a very underused item, mostly because of it's cost and it's non-efficient fuel source (nightmare fuel). Since we have birch guards that drop living logs, would it be practical if we could use those as well?

Well this could be a good idea. The problem is, they'd have to re-write the recipe, and it will take some time to get used to that, my good friend.

I checked nightlight and its sanity aura is gone, it has small sanity aura when you stand next to it, but its gone when you move one step away from it.

It could use more fueling options, like charcoal or other things you ahve to make/craft.

Well this could be a good idea. The problem is, they'd have to re-write the recipe, and it will take some time to get used to that, my good friend.

change the recipe? What are you talking about? I'm talking about an extra fuel source that is more readily (yet still risky) available.

I think an interesting option, and one that ties in nicely with how people use it to lower sanity, would be to fuel it with sanity directly. So, say, you right click on it, instantly draining around 60 sanity, and fuelling it for a while.

Another neat idea that I've heard of is for it to be a permanent light source, but only at low sanity - it'd produce no light above a certain amount of sanity, but below that, it'd get brighter the lower your sanity was.

I think it'd be a waste of an interesting concept if it ended up being basically just a firepit which burns different items.

I think an interesting option, and one that ties in nicely with how people use it to lower sanity, would be to fuel it with sanity directly. So, say, you right click on it, instantly draining around 60 sanity, and fuelling it for a while.

Another neat idea that I've heard of is for it to be a permanent light source, but only at low sanity - it'd produce no light above a certain amount of sanity, but below that, it'd get brighter the lower your sanity was.

I think it'd be a waste of an interesting concept if it ended up being basically just a firepit which burns different items.

It would be usless at low sanity levels, you would have to constantly deal with the nightmares, and beside that we have nightmare amulet if we want to hunt some nightmares.

I see nightligt as better light option for late game so you can have light over larger area, and don't have to hug your fire pit all nights or use up all fireflies (they are finite, I saw you can get them from tumbleweeds but the chance is so low that's just not worth the effort).

It would be usless at low sanity levels, you would have to constantly deal with the nightmares, and beside that we have nightmare amulet if we want to hunt some nightmares.

I see nightligt as better light option for late game so you can have light over larger area, and don't have to hug your fire pit all nights or use up all fireflies (they are finite, I saw you can get them from tumbleweeds but the chance is so low that's just not worth the effort).

An infinite light source would not be useless, and the nightmares aren't hard to deal with.

You don't need to use fireflies for lanterns and miner hats, light bulbs can be used as well, and are much easier to manage.

An infinite light source would not be useless, and the nightmares aren't hard to deal with.

You don't need to use fireflies for lanterns and miner hats, light bulbs can be used as well, and are much easier to manage.

I really like the idea of the nightlight not turning on until you're in the red zone (when the nightmares attack) on sanity. Just seems like a really cool idea. And yeah, you can totally refuel miner hats with light bulbs now. It's much better.

Archived