Trading with the Pig King should give sanity

Strangely, I would prefer if it removed some of your sanity, because there are no drawbacks right now for trading junk with a fat pig that has a crown on its head. It's basically free gold (especially with the new desert biome). You could imagine that your character becomes crazier and crazier as his thirst for gold increases but his never quenched. All he can think about is the many gold nuggets the pig king throws in the air... in the air... then they sloooowly fall on the ground only for him to pick up... that gold... that shiny precious gold... my preci...

What was I saying ?

Ooh, that would be an interesting feature - you slowly get max sanity reduced for each new piece of gold you get. (not serious about implementing it, just fun idea to play with). 

... My preeeeeeciooouuuusssss....

Reducing your max sanity would be a little steep of a cost...

But anyway, you can give him meat too, not just the junk, and you already get gold for it. Gaining sanity in addition seems like too much. There's already so many powerful ways to regain sanity anyway, I don't think it needs to be made even easier.

Archived