Angry Birch Nut trees

I appreciate the idea of angry birch nut trees to stop tree farming, however while playing Don't Starve every time i cut down one birch tree an angry birch tree appears. Now every time i cant cut down birch trees at all. I think that Angry birch nuts appear too often and they should be rare like treants  forest with just birch nut . Do you agree with me? 

Just don't cut the mature trees. They're the only ones that spawn the angries (last I knew).  OR cut anything in winter.  They don't spawn then, even from mature trees.

The problem with that is that any Birchnut tree that isn't fully grown doesn't drop the nuts, so you can't replant the trees.

I just want the chance lowered, maybe from 50% to 20%-30%

I was choping down a fully grown birchnut tree and just before i cut it down 2 birchnut trees grew to full size.

Both of those birchtrees turned into the Birchnut treeguards

The problem with that is that any Birchnut tree that isn't fully grown doesn't drop the nuts, so you can't replant the trees.

That's why you only create farms with evergreens. Birchnut trees are there to add an extra bit of challenge. Going into a deciduous forest and don't think you can handle the birchnut trees? Make sure you bring wood with you or chop young uns. If propagating them/eating their babies is that important to you, be prepared to get them mad at you. Even then, there's a delay before they attack, so you can grab their babies and run before they're even a threat. It's also completely safe if there aren't any other birchnut trees in the area.

Isn't the whole point that the nuts are meant to be harder to ascertain in comparison to their counter-part Pine Trees which offer no food at all? 

I honestly like the mechanic. The trees could spawn less, but it's a renewable source of food and Living Wood/Nightmare Fuel that you should have to work for. 

Isn't the whole point that the nuts are meant to be harder to ascertain in comparison to their counter-part Pine Trees which offer no food at all? 

I honestly like the mechanic. The trees could spawn less, but it's a renewable source of food and Living Wood/Nightmare Fuel that you should have to work for. 

Yeah true, though I have never found food a major issue (moleworms and catcoons make it pretty easy), and don't get me wrong, i want them to stay in the game, as they are pretty unique  compared to the treeguards imo, but they just need a slightly smaller spawn chance, maybe anywhere from 10% to 40% in my opinion.

Can get pretty annoying when you chop down one tree and then get faced with 3 Poison Birchnut Trees

Yeah true, though I have never found food a major issue (moleworms and catcoons make it pretty easy), and don't get me wrong, i want them to stay in the game, as they are pretty unique  compared to the treeguards imo, but they just need a slightly smaller spawn chance, maybe anywhere from 10% to 40% in my opinion.

Can get pretty annoying when you chop down one tree and then get faced with 3 Poison Birchnut Trees

I honestly think there's just a miscalculation in the code for how many trees share the trigger. I've been trying to spawn them in a pig village over the last 10 days in my game and have had no luck with a good 6 of them grouped. I believe so long as you chop down a Level 3 tree, all other birch trees around - no matter what size - should change into the Guards.

The spawn rate for them is fine in my opinion--the issue is how many are affected by the % chance rather than it being a global thing that only tests for a single conversion. Again, as annoying as it might be, we're talking about a completely renewable food - and we shouldn't be balancing relative to how easy non-renewable foods are (Catcoons aren't renewable, but I'm unsure about moles and their burrows. I sort of hoped Moles weren't renewable...). 

Archived