Forming a spider army as Webber

So I am really enjoying Webber and his overall play style. But I have found one thing to be somewhat annoying as him. And that is if I want to recruit spiders I have to wait untill twilight or night time for them to come out. The only other way is to lure an enemy onto the web, or attack the den myself and that can be risky. Could it be changed so that there is a way to get the spiders out in the daytime as webber? Like stepping on the web, or droping meat in the area of the web? Also it would be nice if the spiders gave a slight sanity boost.

You could also bring with you Chester on the web and some spiders will come out, then you can befriend them before they attack him and repeat on another spider den if necessary.

I don't think we need any more methods to make spiders come out during day as Webber. It is us, players, who must adapt our playstyle depending on the character we choose to play. That's why we choose a character in the first place =) Dusk + night covers most of the time more than half a day throughout the year, which is already enough in my opinion to recruit spiders whenever we need it.

I just wait until dusk and night to recruit them; they'll stick around for a while, so I can go all Arachnid Army during the daytime.  It was a bit of a puzzle to figure out how best to recruit them.

I feel like it's a fair tradeoff to not trigger spiders when walking on the webs since you're also not slowed.  It makes webs a good strategic position.  It could be neat if Webber could snooze in a den (at a cost of knocking it down 1 level, perhaps) to escape Charlie to make them more strategically interesting.  But that's just wishful thinking.

Archived