Spiders shouldn't attack Chester while he is with Webber.

I believe this is an issue to be fixed in the next patch. Webber's also supposed to be getting some buffs too.

I think he is talking of non-tamed spiders.

If that so, it's not advised to place your spider nests too close to your base if you don't want to see spiders kill chester/glommer. I'm playing Webber too, and what I do is placing my spider dens really close to each other (but far enough from my camp), and use it as special "panic room". You can also build your main camp surrounded by spider dens, and make another one (smaller) where you park chester and glommer.

Is his beard going to go away? I think it's pretty unoriginal.

I hope so. As you say it's unoriginal, and imho it's not fitting the char'.

What would you suggest to help combat this instead?

I have made a suggestion where Webber could just "sneeze" a random amount of silk (2-4) every 2-6 days (depending of the season). This could be implemented with some quotes like "I'm getting silk with all this rain" or "Not that hay fever !" in spring, and other funny season related quotes.

What would you suggest to help combat this instead?

I'd much rather have him spit out webs to slow down enemies. You could collect silk after they bust out of your trap.

Cooldown time would be necessary too.

He's a freaking spider by the way. There should be some form of silk pooping/spitting.

This seems more like it! Not too OP, but not too weak, as well as being slightly helpful and fitting the character. Like you said, If I wanted webs, I would set up traps around spider nests and harvest the silk and drops from there. Nice idea!

Thanks. And sorry for derailing your thread. I suddenly feel entitled to create a new thread about this idea..

True True he is the webber and actually im along with this cause well there kind of related and chester doesnt have a lot of current abilities so I think the fact that spiders wont attack him is nice or even if the could be his friends and follow him around.

Archived