Some general fixes for the giants

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the suggestions I made?

• Yes, I would like to have those suggestions in the game
    • No, they're terrible!
    • I just agree with some of them (Please explain it in the comments)

I like the new giants! I love all of them! But they should get some (Minimal, but still good) fixes. And no, I don't mean the drops of the giants. I'm fine with them. Whatever, I just should give you guys the list of things I wanted to get fixed, so here it is:

• You should see all of the giants on the map, I mean we can see pengulls, tallbirds and other animals on the map, so why not Giants? It also solves the problem with not finding giants, which could led to consusion sometimes
  • The 3 new giants shouldn't just spawn randomly, they should announce their visit (Followed with a quote by the player), just like the deerclops does it. The Goose could make the derpy sounds it always do, the dragonfly makes buzzing and roaring sounds and the bearger growls loud
  • And the giants should be more concetrated on the player, this means that they follow the player for a longer time and attack him when they see him

Well, that's what all I can think of for the moment, I will maybe add more sooner or later. These little things always bothered me about the giants, but what do you guys think about the list?

Im not sure about the map part since they move around (the pengull marker doesn't actually follow the birds, just their return/spawn point I believe) But then again the player marker moves around so I don't actually know

As for the focuses on player thing, I do like that the deerclops wrecks your camp so it's neat trying to kite it away from it and also having to prioritize getting away from your base when you hear it coming.

the rest of the giants don't really do that so Im all for them being focused on the player.

As for the focuses on player thing, I do like that the deerclops wrecks your camp so it's neat trying to kite it away from it and also having to prioritize getting away from your base when you hear it coming.

the rest of the giants don't really do that so Im all for them being focused on the player.

Well, the deerclops does both very good (Wrecking your stuff and trying to kill you) but as you already said, the other giants don't focus on you

No need to show them on the map! You can always have a look on the map and feel save... I dont like to feel save.

I support the character quote idea! Before the DLC came out I always started shaking when Wilson said:"I hear something big."

Also the giants should not onlzly focus the player... Deerclops just wants to nuke your base, bearger just wants to eat your stuff and the dragonfly just wants to see the world burn... They are perfect the way they are.

I wish they would be much more aggressive and not so easy to kite. Right now you can beat every giant without being hit. Only the dragonfly is fast enough to hit you back. So he is now the only dangerous thing to fear.

Instead of having the giants plainly be a big thing that chases you, I'd prefer having them be the wild animals that they are that just wander the lands of Dontstarvia. The Boose comes from the sea to lay her egg on this island (I would love to see it paddle around in the ocean prior to coming to your island), the Dragonfly just wants to eat some birchnuts for a snack, the bearger is hungry (maybe he could have a cave somewhere on the map, similar to the Walrus Camps, but he'd still wander towards your base in autumn), and Deerclops just ventures south because it's now cold enough for him, and he got a dislike of architectural structures (maybe because the pigs were mean to him or something, and now he hates all houses). I actually like that they aren't hugely agressive towards the player, since they aren't per say "evil" by nature. They are just big and can end up threatening of you get too close to them.

Would be good if the giants were seen on the maps. The sounds will be different in future thought. According to trailer, Goose isn't supposed to make that goofy sound but instead make some kind of a dinosaur howling sound, but I bet that'll be the warning that it comes, bearger will also have the same sound as in trailer when he comes and dragonfly will most likely have a different sound too. You see, the game is still on beta and it's 11 more days till the next update to Alpha, I think, so, yeah, I agree only with some of this stuff you said.

Archived