Make Webber's beard grow faster

I like Webber's ability to grow silk and I think it's a nice touch, but it's not practical right now. 6 silk every 16 days is a laughable amount when you can simply befriend a bunch of spiders and have them attack their own nest and get much more within minutes.

So instead of 16 days for full length, it should be at most 8 days for full length. If not than it should at least give more silk per shave. Since his beard doesn't provide insulation (As far as I know), I don't think making it grow faster would hurt much balance wise.

the beard almost sounds like a  hold over from wilson , perhaps it is just a place holder , as they said they might give webber some of Wilson's  scripts if they  didn't finish in time .

it is not hard to give  a character another characters scripts and change  a few values to make it spawn web instead of beard hair. 

I like Webber's ability to grow silk and I think it's a nice touch, but it's not practical right now. 6 silk every 16 days is a laughable amount when you can simply befriend a bunch of spiders and have them attack their own nest and get much more within minutes.

So instead of 16 days for full length, it should be at most 8 days for full length. If not than it should at least give more silk per shave. Since his beard doesn't provide insulation (As far as I know), I don't think making it grow faster would hurt much balance wise.

I tested it just a bit ago and it was providing insulation.

If it provides insulation, then it is fine as is. I still feel that the caracter is really unbalanced as there is no good reason to play as him instead of any of the available caracters. Almost all of his perks are trivialised by something except the beard if it does indeed protect from the cold.

Archived