Spring into Winter?

I haven't been playing much Reign of Giants as of late, but my girlfriend (who is as addicted to Don't Starve as she hates registering for forums) wanted me to inquire why Winter comes immediately after Spring, and whether or not others have experienced this? 

If this really is a thing, should it be changed? 

Sorry if this is a repeat subject; I poked around but saw little commentary on the macro level season implementation. 

Are you sure it's not autumn?

Does it rain heavy in autumn? That's not an association I have based on the region I live, nor was it my assumption of where we're starting in the grand scheme of things. 'Course, that's my assumption -- are we starting in autumn? I figured spring was the starting point. 

Does it rain heavy in autumn? That's not an association I have based on the region I live, nor was it my assumption of where we're starting in the grand scheme of things. 'Course, that's my assumption -- are we starting in autumn? I figured spring was the starting point. 

It's a 50/50 chance to start in spring or autumn. It usually rains heavy in spring but it could also rain heavy in autumn if you're unlucky. ( Hope that helped ;) )

Better hint of the season are :

- Color of the birchnut tree. (Yellow, red and so : autumn. Only Green : Spring)

- Bee (normal bee : autumn. Red bee : spring)

- Green tint in spring.

Hope it can help.

Archived