Clockwork armor & better gears

What if there were an armor set made from gears? I find myself with a large supply sometimes, whenever I can find clockwork pieces. Overall, my gear supply highly depends on whether or not I can find chess pieces. In the case I can, I have too many gears, and I have nothing to do but hang on to the extras. If not, I spend days either digging graves or trying to restore sanity. I think gears should be craftable, from nightmare fuel and marble maybe. It shouldn't be a cheap recipe, but enough that ice boxes and flingomatics are possible to get. Alternatively, there could possibly be a recipe to make small gears, for the ice box and flingomatic. Regular gears would no longer drop from graves, and only from clockwork monsters. Here is where the armor comes in. Have you ever noticed that there are no clockwork kings or queens? Well, unless you count Maxwell, who is not made of gears. Anyway, regular gears would craft a clockwork crown and/or clockwork suit. When worn, they would be the best armor possible to be crafted in the overworld(Not including caves/ruins, which are still better). Maybe they could even have a bonus effect if both are equipped at the same time. 

What if there were an armor set made from gears? I find myself with a large supply sometimes, whenever I can find clockwork pieces. Overall, my gear supply highly depends on whether or not I can find chess pieces. In the case I can, I have too many gears, and I have nothing to do but hang on to the extras. If not, I spend days either digging graves or trying to restore sanity. I think gears should be craftable, from nightmare fuel and marble maybe. It shouldn't be a cheap recipe, but enough that ice boxes and flingomatics are possible to get. Alternatively, there could possibly be a recipe to make small gears, for the ice box and flingomatic. Regular gears would no longer drop from graves, and only from clockwork monsters. Here is where the armor comes in. Have you ever noticed that there are no clockwork kings or queens? Well, unless you count Maxwell, who is not made of gears. Anyway, regular gears would craft a clockwork crown and/or clockwork suit. When worn, they would be the best armor possible to be crafted in the overworld(Not including caves/ruins, which are still better). Maybe they could even have a bonus effect if both are equipped at the same time.

I think it wouldn't make sense to make armour with gears but who cares don't starve doesn't make sense

Some time ago I had an idea about this, too. I will give you the thread http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/16235-we-need-to-gear-up/?p=151694 perhaps you like it, or for inspiration. ^ ^

Sooooo, today I had one other idea...the Clockwork Suit

4rjCZVS.jpg

As it's name suggested it is a Body slot equipment. We have already Armor and Objects which let us carry more items. Not so, the Clockwork Suit it's purpose is to buff the fighting abilities of it's wearer. If a normal character has 1,0 and Wolfgang would have 1,5 this fine example of clockwork craftsmanship provides you with 0,25 points of pure fighting power.
Thus you haven't got any armor on you it is working as Grass-suit armor in the question of loosing Durability. (Perhaps provides little protection...perhaps 30% or less?

To craft this innovation we are in need of gears and gold. And perhaps twigs for the support arms of the mechanism.

We have:

•  
  • [*]Buffs fighting strenght + 0,25 [*]Looses Durability like a Grass Suit when hit, Protection 30% or less [*]Uses Bodyslot therefor no other Armor or Backpack while wearing the Clockwork Suit

You can get alot of gears even in vailla DS. They went from pretty finate to finite but abundant when they added the 2nd level of the caves.

It seems to make good sense that there could be some kind of item the wears out made from gears to put them to use.

Also gears would make a good fit for a steampunk style items, which is a stlye I feel complments DS theams anway.

Could be "clockwrok armor' or even "steampowered armor". Steamed powerd items is an interesting thouught considering that the game now has wetness and ice as a thing.

Edit: It says clockwork arour in the name of this thread... DUh, just woke up, brain not so much.

Archived