The issue of base structures and such spontaneously combusting in summer is pretty annoying, i can totally get that its supposed to provide challenge. Though i find having to build my entire base around Ice Flingomatics to be quite tedious, not to mention turning them off and on in accordance with day or night and the consequence for not doing so. I think that it would be great if Endothermic Fire and Endothermic Fire Pits worked to prevent flammable objects within the radius of cooling from smoldering, still leaving Ice Flingomatics an option for added safety but making it so they are not so absolutely essential.

...not to mention turning them off and on in accordance with day or night and the consequence for not doing so...

I found it easier to just keep them fueled all summer and always on.   I think it takes roughly two stacks of wood per machine, something like that.  You can fuel them with anything that will fuel a fire I think, and used log armor works real well.  Haven't tried dug spikey bushes yet, but I'll bet they do.

I found it easier to just keep them fueled all summer and always on.   I think it takes roughly two stacks of wood per machine, something like that.  You can fuel them with anything that will fuel a fire I think, and used log armor works real well.  Haven't tried dug spikey bushes yet, but I'll bet they do.

I save almost exhausted log armor for this reason.

Archived