Glommer Statue Resurrects Itself

I was thinking that since the Glommer statue doesn't actually get destroyed, just worn down when you mine it, it ought to resurrect itself to back to full glory every full moon, but then not spawn a flower. So basically the statue must already be intact when the full moon comes in order to spawn Glommer, but you'll need to skip at least one of his spawns in order to get the blueprint for the old bell.

This suggestion accomplishes two things:

1. Repairs the Glommer statue so it doesn't remain ruined for the duration of the DS world
  2. Protects against being overpowered by not allowing infinite mining of marble without consequence (once the bug is fixed)

Hm, I don't know about this. It surely wouldn't hurt to implement it like that, but it also wouldn't add too much either, except the nice aesthetic of an intact statue.

On that note, I want to be able to plant marble trees on checkerboard turf. Pls.

Resurrected to full glory? Hmm, I'm doubtful.

Firstly, what benefit does the actual statue bring by it's being there? I would suggest very little (I haven't actually destroyed any yet in my worlds so I'm unsure if you receive anything aside from blueprints?

And to have it somehow repaired automatically would just invite the opportunity to start infinitely mining it if it does indeed drop marble.

I don't see this working unless there is a use for an intact statue.

Perhaps the opportunity for the player to repair it with marble like you would stone walls in order to keep it aesthetically pleasing?

I'm don't think there would be enough cause or reason for this to be implemented unless Glommer's flower would only spawn there if the statue was in-tact, would would then give the player to repair it after destroying it for blueprints.

Perhaps the opportunity for the player to repair it with marble like you would stone walls in order to keep it aesthetically pleasing?

Actually, this is the best cause of action. Just pick those two marble up and repair the statue with them, that way everyone can be happy.

Actually, this is the best cause of action. Just pick those two marble up and repair the statue with them, that way everyone can be happy.

Nah I think it should require more - If you want to really go through the effort of repairing a statue you destroyed just so you can make it look pretty again you should have to go the extra mile, lets say double the amount it dropped.

That way it'll make you wonder whether or not it is worth it

I just got a world where the pig king and glommer statue are within sight of each other, and the autumn biome they're in is the center of the map, right next to huge beefalo savanna and swamp.  Basically they best world I've ever genned.  And a nice finished base that incorporates both the pig kind AND the intact glommer statue would be great!  So...that's at least one use for an intact glommer statue, kind of.  Sadly I'm trying to not get too attached to this world since I'll probably have to leave it for some content updates later.

Nah I think it should require more - If you want to really go through the effort of repairing a statue you destroyed just so you can make it look pretty again you should have to go the extra mile, lets say double the amount it dropped.

That way it'll make you wonder whether or not it is worth it

Yeah, thats good too.

And to have it somehow repaired automatically would just invite the opportunity to start infinitely mining it if it does indeed drop marble.

That's not what I'm saying. Leading up to every full moon, you'll have the choice of taking the three marble from mining or leaving it intact to spawn a Glommer. Yes, it is primarily to be aesthetically pleasing but I'm also trying to make it choice-based system. Glommer or marble?

That's not what I'm saying. Leading up to every full moon, you'll have the choice of taking the three marble from mining or leaving it intact to spawn a Glommer. Yes, it is primarily to be aesthetically pleasing but I'm also trying to make it choice-based system. Glommer or marble?

Glommer, obviously. Marble is so easy to get nowadays.

Archived