Idea for autumn danger

So I've heard many people want some kind of special Autumn danger. I have two suggestions thought:
*wind - many other people have suggested this. And I think that depending from which direction the wind is coming from, it'll either slow you down or make you run faster.
*halloween during the middle of autumn - we have halloween during the middle of autumn so how about that in the game, instead of having mods? May be the halloween time would last for like 5 days and if it happens to be on the full moon then everything would become even more scary and new monsters attackong you, say the skelletons that come from the ground, shown in this video:

PS: what mod is the one that shows has the scary tree with eyeballs?

Actually... If you think about it, Christmas in Winter and Easter in Spring would be kind of cool as well, ei? *cough* deerclops wrecks the christmas *cough*

Maybe Deerclops is santa claus bringing u a little present, destruction of your base:P I think it's a good idea overall, but i guess bringing good times in a harsh world ain't gonna be pretty.  And for the wind part, i like the autumn cause it's a time where u can get things done more easily like exploring. Maybe they could do days of mist, don't see much and u get wet or desert storms

I had a thread about wind while the game was in beta, I can't find it now probably got archived. But basically the idea was that there were 3 types of wind: small, medium and large. Small would slow you down a bit if going against it and boost your speed if going with it, increased values for medium and large wind. Medium wind would make pinecones fall off trees sometimes, large wind would make small trees fall. 

Also every wind type could make the campfire burn out faster.

The thing is, because summer is quite harsh on the entire world fall actually doesn't need it's own difficulty. It's not just you that needs to recover, the world does too. Stockpiling 3 seasons worth of supplies for everything I want to do is rather extreme. Fall allows me to do things still, particularly my more fun and daring ideas.

The thing is, because summer is quite harsh on the entire world fall actually doesn't need it's own difficulty. It's not just you that needs to recover, the world does too. Stockpiling 3 seasons worth of supplies for everything I want to do is rather extreme. Fall allows me to do things still, particularly my more fun and daring ideas.

Then plan ahead and stock up on pinecones. Trees and grow any season. and as I stated over and over again, we should have trade offs in difficulty. Besides, I don't think we're supposed to stay on the same world indefinitly.

Supplies aren't just logs, summer withering plants is the actual impact, and they take time to recover. If you start on spring you can't just stockpile a full chest of grass and twigs. And to those enamored with berries, I imagine that has it's own impact.

The point I was trying to make was overdone pressure from the world isn't going to let me work on my projects, currently I'm clearing a swamp with only treeguards, having the forest claim the land my way.

And I think we are supposed to be able to stay on the same world unless what we want to do requires more non-renewable resources. One save I wanted 100 3-leaf bushes and 100 bee boxes. Sure, I started to get a bit bored at the end because the difficulty wasn't increasing, but I could have chosen non-default settings or made myself do more in the caves (this is when they just came out in alpha).

I'm just getting steadily more wary. The flood of suggestions the dlc has inspired when all the planned additions haven't made it in yet makes me a bit tired and irritable. I want shadow chester :(  

I know it's a late reply but I just had to get it out

If you start on spring you can't just stockpile a full chest of grass and twigs.

Yes you can; you just need to be quick about it.

The point I was trying to make was overdone pressure from the world isn't going to let me work on my projects, currently I'm clearing a swamp with only treeguards, having the forest claim the land my way.

This game isn't minecraft and before you state that "I never said it was" let me point this out. The fact that your doing projects such as the one you stated tells me that your doing well enough that you have the time to do things like altering the enviroment.

And I think we are supposed to be able to stay on the same world unless what we want to do requires more non-renewable resources.

And that fact that summer can wilt and even destroy twigs, grass, and even trees tells me otherwise. Again, sorry it's a late reply but i just had to say it.

Perhaps you'll find I disagree with you the same you disagree with me

And that fact that summer can wilt and even destroy twigs, grass, and even trees tells me otherwise.

Even when they catch fire, you can still extinguish them without losing them; you just need to be quick about it.

This game isn't minecraft

And minecraft isn't Don't Starve. So why does it have a hunger meter? Don't Starve is a sandbox game as well. I should expect some time for fun sandbox projects. You seem to have forgotten that it is a sandbox game. Much more survival based than minecraft, but still a sandbox. And it has to be that way, because after you figure out how to survive everything you have nothing to do but maintain things. Essentially, you'll have turned a game into a chore. 

Yes you can; you just need to be quick about it.

Now that I think about it, you might be right. But I'm also rather busy doing other things far more fun than holding down spacebar in overly large rows of grass and twigs. Maybe you could tell me how much I could harvest in the spring at 100% efficiency? Assume perfect conditions.

The thing is everyone seems to be clamoring for harder difficulty. But with this style of game once you learn something it's rarely difficult. So a spring 'challenge' might be neat, but I think it crosses a line and is simply superfluous. Every segment of the game doesn't need something more unique now that there are more new things and I'm just finding suggestions wearing now.

I am not sure if it is feasible because of computer resources but a kool idea to give autumn its own challenge would if the Birch trees dropped leaves everywhere and have wind blow them around every now and then making it hard to pick up or target what you want especially in the Birch tree biome.

You could have to rake before placing a structure. It would certainly give walls a use they are lacking.

How is that for the most pain in the butt idea ever. :)

I am not sure if it is feasible because of computer resources but a kool idea to give autumn its own challenge would if the Birch trees dropped leaves everywhere and have wind blow them around every now and then making it hard to pick up or target what you want especially in the Birch tree biome.

You could have to rake before placing a structure. It would certainly give walls a use they are lacking.

How is that for the most pain in the butt idea ever. :-)

I said what what, in the butt!

I had a thread about wind while the game was in beta, I can't find it now probably got archived. But basically the idea was that there were 3 types of wind: small, medium and large. Small would slow you down a bit if going against it and boost your speed if going with it, increased values for medium and large wind. Medium wind would make pinecones fall off trees sometimes, large wind would make small trees fall. 

Also every wind type could make the campfire burn out faster.

and if there's a  large wind there would be a hurricane!

Archived