Awesome Expansion, a few ?'s

So i finally got to day 7 with wx in the expansion.

It's like being in adv mode all the time, not unbeatable, but you've got to stay on your toes, and have a plan.

I really like:

Full moons now.

The new cat hat!(still have no idea what it does but i like it)

tumbleweeds

volt goats (very edible)

New vegetation

New biome themes

all the new actions,

What i don't understand why changes were made or intermediates show up on screen:

Rabbit holes, they still spawn from a collapsed hole so whats the point?

Rain now freezes? or do we start at the end of winter?

Moles why so many? the first 3 games i made i couldn't find any flint after about 2 day ticks, the spawn rate is high.

Beefalo, seems like the spawn rate is very low, or they are getting killed off by something before i find them.

Alchemy engine, why the extra crafting for it now? grated it stretches out the time for the science machine by a day or so, but effectively is almost a meaningless change.

There is a permanent structure for heat, i looked all over but where is my rain hideout?

The collasped hole should only appear in spring, and is a bug otherwise.

Rain will make you colder. Helps out in summer though.

You can kill the moles and they seem to drop rocks and flint on death. Or you can reduce the spawn rate in a custom world.

I find a few lonely beefalo and then a huge herd elsewhere. I don't really know whats happening there, but its not effecting me much.

I haven't noticed the Alchemy engine change, I guess its meaningless then.

Permanent structure for heat? Rain hideout? Trees shelter some rain, you could build your base with trees inside.

Beefalo, seems like the spawn rate is very low, or they are getting killed off by something before i find them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm having the same problem. Except no lonely beefalo. Just one pocket in some corner of the map you'd spend a irl day or so trying to find with cheats, short of the Where's My Beefalo mod ofc.

There is a permanent structure for heat, i looked all over but where is my rain hideout?

- raincoat, strawhat, Pretty Parasol (cheapest)

But yeah RoG adds some more difficulties and we haven't even seen the giants yet.

I dunno, I had more of an opposite problem with beefalo. They breed like rabbits during spring, and still go into heat during the rest of the year. I had some huge bloody herds of them by the end of one year, and I mean HUGE. I did have that weird issue with the collapsed holes though, it doesn't really work yet it seems.

Archived