Freezing wildlife

With the introduction of overheating many things (pigmen come to mind primarily) will catch fire in summer.  Since they dont know how to implement and kind of environmental protection procedures I thought it would be cool if they could possibly be found frozen in winter.  If they cant figure out how to keep cool in summer then it stands that they would not know how to keep warm in winter.  Beefalo and Pengulls wouldn't freeze since they clump up for warmth, but it would be interesting to see certain other creatures moving around slowly/frozen solid.

Pigs shouldn't overheat in summer, they always run around almost naked anyway, but freezing in winter sounds like a nice idea. Maybe they stay inside their houses for all of winter, and when they come out, they freeze. Or a frozen pig king, that's a funny mental image.

Pigs shouldn't overheat in summer, they always run around almost naked anyway, but freezing in winter sounds like a nice idea. Maybe they stay inside their houses for all of winter, and when they come out, they freeze. Or a frozen pig king, that's a funny mental image.

I don't think I agree with them not leaving their houses during winter. That would basically completely remove them as a viable option for hound attacks. Since their houses burn down now you basically never want them to engage fire hounds anywhere near them unless you are willing to risk that. I don't think pigs should be eliminated as an option for such a prominent threat in the game.

I don't think I agree with them not leaving their houses during winter. That would basically completely remove them as a viable option for hound attacks. Since their houses burn down now you basically never want them to engage fire hounds anywhere near them unless you are willing to risk that. I don't think pigs should be eliminated as an option for such a prominent threat in the game.

That's a viable point. I just thought that not having pigs available during winter would be a nice mirror effect to the crops that aren't available during summer.

Archived