[Suggestion] Birchnut tree + hammer

yeah good idea.

but if you read the update note of the 2nd big ver. of DLC reign of giants,obviously, klei lower-down the drop rate of nut as food. to make the game not that easy to survive.

so, i guess maybe add some more interesting stuff is better. e.g.

when you hammer a birch-tree, you may loots some twigs and leaves, and nuts as food/seeds, and in the game, add some more crafting stuff which using leaves. and leaves also may work as fuel for normal fire.

and, you only can hammer a birchnut-tree when it is grown-up as the biggest tree. medium and small sized birchnut tree, you cannot hammer them. you only can chop them using axe.

and after you hammer a birch-tree, it drops some twigs, leaves and birchnut, then hammer-ed big birchnut-tree would downgrade, into medium sized or small sized birch-tree.

why downgrade birch-tree?

because, consider this, if i have a hammer , and a big birch-tree woods around me, then i hammer, hammer , hammer, then i got 10+ birchnuts as food.

this is too easy, don't starve , its core gameplay is a hard-to-survive game. players need to use his brain.

so, hammer birch-tree and get some loot. this is a good idea.

-==-==-=-

and , about leaf/leaves from birch tree, what to use?

e.g. the small shack, default crafting recipe needs silk from spiders.

at the beginning period of the game, reduce influece of a lot a lot  a lot of rain,

it is a little bit hard.

so, if change the small shack, its crafting materials, using leaf/leaves instead of silk, that would be good.

personal idea.

and even, when wilson into the small shack, it works against the bad effect of the sun burn and  the rain .

the small shack now in the game is named as Siesta Lean-to

I think there should be a more natural way for the deciduous trees to repopulate. I like the older idea of Catcoons climbing up trees, eating the acorns, and then puking them up as planted baby trees.

Dumfin Plz!

What about the trees that don't have Catcoons near?

Archived