Will Reign of Giants have a timely update like the original for set amount of time or just a one time thing purchase?

I believe Klei has said that they won't be adding anything to the caves in this DLC. Also, Lava caves became the heat wave of Summer. There will be more updates I think. Maybe two or three more. We'll see

I just want to know if I'll have to start a new world for the seasonal giants or not

They said that once the DLC is released they have no major content updates planned. They mentioned the kickstarter chesters, but it sounds like after Reign of Giants is released it'll just be bugfixes.

There may be more than just one more update before release, though (we've still got three giants and a new character to be added).

I think RoG is a one time thing but will be released in many stages. So far we have seen 2 stages, "the seasonal science" and "a feet of strength". I predict there will be 1-2 more, with the final be titled "Reign of Giants" itself. After that they will only do bugfix and once done, they will move on to Invisible Inc.

I think most of Klei's manpower is working on Invisible Inc now. I heard only a small team who are now working on RoG.

Archived