Non-Present Beefalo, Bug or just really Unlucky?

I think I played through maybe 4-5 different games today. All of them I was playing as Wickerbottom except one where I was Woodie. But in none of those did I ever find any Beefalo. Which was upsetting cause thats where I always like to set up camp so I seek them out first. But for these past few games I have searched almost the entire map and not found any Beefalo anywhere.

I am starting to think that maybe it's a bug or something? As this has never happened to me in the last few months I have been playing this game but now after I download the Reign DLC (which is awesome btw) it seems the Beefalo have packed up and gone somewhere else.

Is it really a bug or am I just super unlucky? (I really did explore almost the entire map on almost all 4 playthroughs.)

Please tell me if anyone else has had a similar issue, or maybe you found the beefalo but it took you longer than usual? ;;

A good way to tell is turn them up to Lots and see if you still can't find them.

I did that and there are, indeed, "lots" of them

I guess I was just super unlucky than, and also had an unfortunate coincidence. Thank you for the suggestion

Archived