gog.com copy of Don't Starve-reign issues

I bought my copy of Don't Starve from gog.com which now seems to make me a second class citizen since EVERYTHING is now Steam. I've linked the DLC code to the Steam account and pointed Steam to the official and proper install of Don't Starve but it refuses to recognize it as official. The gog.com serial isn't accepted by Steam, and Steam refuses to give me the DLC because it claims I don't own Don't Starve.

So... what step am I missing? Seriously, it was easier to get wares to work back in the 90's when I had no money than it is to get legitimate games to work now with the dozen layers of security, DRM, and twenty links and sign-in's required for anything.

Man, I never knew GoG refuses to give out Steam keys. You're out of luck for the beta of the DLC, but as Touch said, you won't have to buy the DLC again - you just have to wait for the standalone version to be released when the DLC officially comes out.

Man, I never knew GoG refuses to give out Steam keys. You're out of luck for the beta of the DLC, but as Touch said, you won't have to buy the DLC again - you just have to wait for the standalone version to be released when the DLC officially comes out.

This is correct. We will make sure that Gog.com people will be able to play the DLC when it launches, even if they purchase it before the standalone is available. 

Archived