Suggestions about deserts

I've got an idea for the desert biome to be more unique and feel more like a desert.

If it's possible, could you change the weather/temperature to be independant per biome?

Deserts should stay desert all year long and have the highest temperatures possible, that way you would need

to prepare yourself with the highest tiers of cooling items to survive there, and there could be special chests or something along the lines of the labyrinth to compensate for the extreme heat? maybe have the treasures buried in the sand and you need your shovel to get them? It could be something similar to a rabbit hole but a chest pops-up when you dig it!

But the most important thing of the suggestion is definitely the infinite desert and heat!
Please, if it's not possible or not worth your time, make it so that any interested modders could do something with that XD

regards,

I really like the idea of the desert staying super-heated all year round! And likewise, the opposite, an always-frozen biome... perhaps the rocky area since it suggests mountains?

Side comment: when I first played DS, I didn't know that biomes and temperature were independent, I thought I had wandered into snowy mountains when winter first struck. I ran like hell to get back to warmer/temperate grasslands and savannah. Clearly that didn't work out so well :friendly_wink:

I'll bet it would be difficult to implement combined biomes/climates though, since map layout is randomly generated. Whoever did the coding would have to ensure both a randomly generated layout PLUS not setting contradicting biomes too close to each other. Otherwise, a player in winter could build a base on the border of the desert and exploit the heat/cold mechanism.

I'll bet there's a modder out there who can make this happen though. You should suggest it in the Mods forum, it would be interesting and fun to see this added!

Archived