[Mod Request] Torma, The Tarot Reader

I want to implement a new character, one that has weaker strength, stronger sanity, and a new meter. This new meter will be the main focus of this mod, as it will be used with new items that I hope can be implemented; tarot cards. More specifically, The Fool, The High Preistess, The Empress, The Emperor, The Hierophant, Death, The Star, The Moon, The Sun, Judgement, The Wheel of Fortune, The Lovers and finally, The World.

The use of these tarot cards would affect the world and mechanics that we are normally used to. Of course, as their powers would be powerful, the materials required for each would be mountainous or rare, and the machine needed to craft it would be costly as well.. The effects of each card makes a reference to their name, so some effects can be predictable..or perhaps not.

Health: 100

Sanity: 200

Hunger: 120

Things To Do For Now

- Create portrait, animation, and in-game template for Torma

- Create drawings of one-use Tarot Cards

- Code the effects of each Tarot Card

- Sketch drawing of machine needed to create Tarot Cards

- Create new materials for Tarot Cards and how to obtain them.

- Add new creatures of an other worldly aura.

- Create a new meter, relating to the 'mind's eye'.

- Create a way to regenerate the 'mind's eye'.

Interesting concept though it'd be nice if you went into more detail on how you'd use the tarot cards. I instantly thought of Twisted Fate from League of Legends when you mentioned the cards, but I doubt you're thinking of throwing cards (but if you are that'd be pretty awesome)

Interesting concept though it'd be nice if you went into more detail on how you'd use the tarot cards.

They would act as the books Wickerbottom use; character specific items that would alter the world or summon creatures to your aid. Of course, these tarot cards would only be useable once, as the effects they cause would be powerful or game changing, the only exception being The Fool, which is relatively easy to make.

Yeah, I'm a wee bit busy with the list of mods I have, things to do with my personal life, and my health. Sorry. 

I can lend you some of my unfathomable talent by... flicking one of my mystical boogers onto your wall.

Give me thanks for the gift I bestow upon you, mortal!

Yeah, I'm a wee bit busy with the list of mods I have, things to do with my personal life, and my health. Sorry. 

That's why I didn't want to summon you here. I already knew you were busy, and I didn't want to force even more work unto you.

Archived