Interconnected path for whole map

Hi guys. I think it would be nice if we can have an interconnected path for the whole map, connecting/ leading to all important areas/spots. Maybe through a setting in world creation, like on or off.

It should make exploring the world more enjoyable and less tedious. So if you need a particular resource, you can try out the paths to find the right area.

I enjoy exloration, usually fully explore my starting area and a few biomes nearby. There's satisfaction when I can fully open the fog there. However, I can't do it for the whole map because it would be too tedious because of the size. So such interconnected path would be significant for me. I can explore the whole paths and find where's what. And if I feel like, I will fully explore some areas.

So it's gonna be like an index in a book. You use it to find and important part, and then you can read it in full details if you want.

If you can add it into the new DLC that would be great. A good reason for me to buy it :D

You can craft roads and put them down, and if the RNG is with you when you generate a new world sometimes you can get paths that essentially go everywhere

Crafting roads is quite late in the game. Generating a new world is even later. One of the need for such path system is to help finding the rocky area or graveyard where I can find my first gold for Science Machine.

Finding out where's what can be tedious. Map reveal mod means no exploration at all. Interconnected path option should balance them out for exploration that is just enough.

Crafting roads is quite late in the game. Generating a new world is even later. One of the need for such path system is to help finding the rocky area or graveyard where I can find my first gold for Science Machine.

Finding out where's what can be tedious. Map reveal mod means no exploration at all. Interconnected path option should balance them out for exploration that is just enough.

It's just as tedious to explore with paths, without them it just takes a little slower but you're still walking everywhere, you could always play as an upgraded WX or craft yourself a walking cane

Really its all random, you could spawn next to a graveyard or a rocky biome and get gold easily it really just depends

Its supposed to be tedious

And roads are just Alchemy machine tier, its not really a late game item  >.>

It's just as tedious to explore with paths, without them it just takes a little slower but you're still walking everywhere, you could always play as an upgraded WX or craft yourself a walking cane

Really its all random, you could spawn next to a graveyard or a rocky biome and get gold easily it really just depends

Its supposed to be tedious

And roads are just Alchemy machine tier, its not really a late game item  >.>

Not tedious for me if I have the interconnected path. I think it's gonna be fun. The comparison is like trying to find something in a book, 1 book has index page, 1 book not. Interconnected path is the index. All I need to do is reading the index fully, and somewhere in it would be something I'm looking for. Without index I must read all of the books to know where's what. And with Don't Starve the book is thick xD

I doubt the world gen is capable of that unless it's a humongous setpiece, in which case it wouldn't always exist.

It can create paths connect 2 or 3 biomes. Let's see if they can do more.

yea, randomly, though, right?

To think about it, I now think this idea is perfectly possible. Because in world generation, most of the elements are randomized, but there is pattern in them. Lands have pattern, roads have pattern. The pattern can be edited. The devs can connect branching lands, no reason they can't connect roads if they wish to :lemo:

Utilizing worm holes and marking them by signs (1 by the first two that connect, 2 by the second set etc...) allows you to explore snapshots and when you find an important part just build your path the the worm hole? I am confused why we need paths pre made if we can make them go exclusively where we want

Archived