customization options - Rain

There are now 2 rain tabs in the customize-the-world section; the regular one and a new one with fat raindrops. Being sick of the deluge, I checked "less" on the new, fat raindrop tab because that one looked like the spring rains.  I am playing a long season, long day, no Winter game, starting in Autumn.

I am on day 41 and have a bit over 4 hours in to this world.  It started raining 3 (real world) hours ago and hasn't stopped except for an occasional moment before sun set. There is no long day, but much more discouraging is the constant onslaught of rain, including a torrential rain of about a thousand frogs ( ok, maybe it was only a few hundred).  I spend all my time packing away wet items into trunks and stoking the fire to dry my underware.

I have an umbrella and a football helmit.  I need to find a swamp to make the rain gear, but there is just no time, what with juggling wet stuff in and out of trunks. I haven't even found Beefalos yet and Summer will be here soon.  

Any ideas about why the days are short and the rain is long ( despite my checking  "less" on the rain and "long day" in the customization tabs)?

Just something I found out, if you use an umbrella paired with a straw hat (may be way better if paired with raincoats and rain hats), you will not get wet at all (if you are, it goes down).

Actually you can use any hat I believe with the umbrella and it will stop you from getting wet. (Not sure about the winter hat though)

Actually you can use any hat I believe with the umbrella and it will stop you from getting wet. (Not sure about the winter hat though)

Nope. Just the Straw Hat. The wiki claims it has some wet resistance, and it never gets wet. Besides, it has unlimited uses.

Archived