Sleep Thread

23rd

Okay, I ALMOST had a lucid dream last night. I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't change things. I just stood there doing whatever I was doing while people stabbed me. How do I control it?

Here's the tricky part. Have you ever had a dream where you believed something bad was gonna happen, and since you thought that, it did? Well, that goes for everything. The only way you can change things is by convincing yourself you can change things. If that's what your mind believes, it will change to accommodate that belief (This also counts for making wishes come true and making things dissapear inside your dream.) I know it's cliche, but it works. And also, if you just believe believing that you can change things makes you able to change things, it doesn't cut it, so you have to believe you're believing as well.

You just have to belieeeeeeeeeve!

-Every kid's movie protagonist

When I was young I used to have nightmares a lot. Something clicked, and I was able to realize it was a dream. I'd be able to count to three with my eyes closed (in the dream) and most of the time I was able to wake up. It was really handy.

I remember one time when I was really little I had a lucid dream.

I was hanging out with Emperor Zurg (From Toy Story) and the dream lasted (In dream time) a day or two. One time, me and him were chatting in a restaurant and I trip. It doesn't hurt, so I start doing reality checks. I then found out it was a a dream, so I was like: "Oh cool!" The dream went on, and then when everything started turning boring I thought "Okay I have to go soon. I'll hang around some more though." So I did, then everything started to get a little..... Nightmarish. After experiencing SOME SCARY STUFF I kept trying to leave the dream. I would do everything I could and once I finally exited the dream, I jumped out of bed crying and sweating. I stayed up for the rest of the night, always re-imagining things when I closed my eyes.

Archived