Sleep Thread

23rd

You people (you know who you are!) want to talk about sleep related junk, and that's cool, but I gotta tell y'all something. @Jim has a knife. Sure, it's a butter knife, and sure, he's probably nowhere near you physically, but do you really want to risk the chance that he can't break down into electro-magnetic particles in order to attack you through the screen? No, no you don't. I've seen stuff man, crazy stuff.

So I made this thread to talk about sleep. Specific stuff this thread is for:

• Talking 'bout insomnia.
  • Talking 'bout lucid dreaming.
  • Talking 'bout sleep paralysis.
  • Talking 'bout night terrors.
  • Asking @LadyD questions about things (assuming she's up to answering them).
  • Asking @23rd (oh, hey, that's me!) questions about things. I've had recurring issues with sleeping, learned how to lucid dream when I wasn't, and just recently started taking Adderall. I'm running on 2 hours sleep!

How does one lucid dream.

Dream journal. You keep a journal near you bed and for about a week you write your dreams in it the moment you wake up. This will improve dream recall so you can actually remember what your dreams were about. Then, to get into the lucid part, get in the habit of checking clocks twice. When you're in a dream time can't decide where it wants to be, kind of like that XKCD comic up there.

Dream journal. You keep a journal near you bed and for about a week you write your dreams in it the moment you wake up. This will improve dream recall so you can actually remember what your dreams were about. Then, to get into the lucid part, get in the habit of checking clocks twice. When you're in a dream time can't decide where it wants to be, kind of like that XKCD comic up there.

So keep a dream journal and check my clock twice every night?

I actually had a lucid dream once. I dreamed that I was in front of my school, and I realized I was dreaming, and I decided to fall face down onto the ground. It didn't hurt, so I kept doing it. Out of ALL of the things I could do...

And once I had a lucid dream in a lucid dream. Don't ask.

So keep a dream journal and check my clock twice every night?

More like check every clock twice, everywhere. Classroom? Check the clocks. Train station? Check the clocks. Sailing a downed airplane along the canals of Venice with pirate Oprah? It won't be obvious you're dreaming at the time, check the clocks.

I actually had a lucid dream once. I dreamed that I was in front of my school, and I realized I was dreaming, and I decided to fall face down onto the ground. It didn't hurt, so I kept doing it. Out of ALL of the things I could do...

And once I had a lucid dream in a lucid dream. INCEPTION

FTFY

While we're on the topic of dreams;

I dreamed that I had this one book, this fat book, the words "History of the Universe" on it. Opening it up, I found many major events and intergalactic events that has happened all across the universe. I also found out that I could erase certain parts of history and rewrite it.

And what did I decide to do?

I killed everyone. Mauling every famous person and citizen, describing their pain in the most accurate way possible.

Archived