Dimensional Collapse (KidneyBeanBoy's Roleplay)

KidneyBeanBoy

I've decided to do an RP.

In the future, far after Wilson and Maxwell's demise, the pocket dimension created by the nameless horrors known as "Them" has finally started to show signs of collapse. The N/U Strand has started to die out, and the energy the horrors use to bring new ones in has started to run out, forcing them to take energy away from other parts of the world in order to continue. Because of this, they have started to resort to weaker subjects, most mobs are weaker and often have diseases when found, resources are extremely rare, and too much activity at once makes the world go haywire. The nameless creators of this land have been planning to terminate this dimension for a while, and in a neverending desire for personal entertainment, are going out with a bang.

Speshul Rules:

-At least 5 sentences per post. Yeah.

-To use grammar, pleased.

-NO GODMODDING/POWERPLAYING. And don't conjure special abilities out of thin air. (I have my eye on you, spirit.)

-All other roleplay rules.

Character sheet example:

Name: Howard Nellbottom

Appearance: Nellbottom is an old, withered man, so bony you can make easily out the shape of a skull just by looking at his head, which houses two small, but remorseful eyes He wears a tattered, green sweater vest, paired with a grey sweater.

Personality: Apart from the fact that he's socially detached from his lifetime of isolation, Nellbottom is one of the better examples of humanity. Out of extreme fear of saying something wrong (he's not good with that ****) he obsessively thinks out every action before he makes it to ensure that it leaves every party mostly unaffected. When he does end up doing something wrong, he experiences deep regret, regardless of what happened.

(I suck at these, just to let you know)

Backstory: Living in a small village in Newfoundland, Nellbottom was often dared by his friends to venture into the storm drain near the sea to see what was there. One day, at the age of 14, he was stupid enough to do it, and walked in to a tall, demented shadow of a man, with no apparent object casting it. Nellbottom... Suddenly went unconscious. It wasn't because he was scared, nor because of a health problem. It was the shadow. When his friends decided to go in to look, they didn't find him. Nor the man. Though it should be stated that at the time they were there, the entire shore should've, according to the tides, have been 15 feet underwater. But it wasn't. It was open. Beckoning. Howard eventually woke up in the islands, where he spent the remainder of his life, eventually defeating the last of what the nameless horrors call "the U strand" . Though, by defeating him, he sealed his own fate, locking him at the throne to watch captive after captive die at his hands until some other, equally unlucky person came to "defeat" him.

Abilities:

Pros:

Throne Model: He's at the throne. Meaning he can do anything from set the world on fire, flood entire islands, or summon a legion of wooden replicas of himself to do his bidding.

Veteran: He's been here a long time, so he kows pretty much everything about everything. Want to know how to trap a tentacle? Done. Wondering why you've suddenly got multiple personalities? Done. Don't know what to do when you're starving to death? Dine.

Cons:

Oh look, he escaped: If he leaves the throne, it enrages the horrors, as they have to take a century in order break a new one. So, they attack him relentlessly as vengeance.

Random Joke About Being Old: His old age makes him slow and weak, so he's not able to do much other than provide information and accomplish menial tasks. He's also very frail, so any attack will hurt him greatly.

Character List:

Creator: KidneyBeanBoy

Name: Howard

(Seen above)

Creator: Blewcheese

Name: Newleaf

Appearance: He seems to be your everyday treeguard (if there is such a thing) except larger in size, about 1.3 times the size of a normal tree.

Personality: Generally feels superior and a general hatred to almost all humans and most humanoids. He almost never lets go of a grudge, but is otherwise kind. He can be sympathetic to almost everything. He will get mad if you try to chop a tree, burn twigs, munch on carrots or berries, basically is very defending of nature, as well as wildlife. He can be persuaded to let go of a tree or two at times, but often he would tear off his own branches to light a fire rather than have another tree chopped.

History: (can't say I'm any good at these, either.) Once, a long time ago, most treeguards weren't the mindless ones that come at you if you chop enough trees. In fact, they had quite the empire within the islands. Newleaf was a prince of that place, soon to be king. However, after a series of wildfires and fire hound attacks, the empire slowly began falling, until one last fire burned it out completely. Newleaf and a few renegade treeguards managed to make it out of the rubble of their previous home. Whether They meant to destroy the kingdom is unknown. He also managed to escape with the strange crown passed down through his royal family through the generations. Many years passed since this incident, and Newleaf roams the forest, protecting what is left of his once beautiful world.

Abilities:

Pros:

Backup - Newleaf is able to turn four nearby trees into treeguards at a time, but he can only do this at day. They will return to normal trees at nightfall, and Newleaf needs to rest in order to summon any more.

I've been around - he knows a fair deal about the world around him, and knows a good deal about nature. This does not include man made things, or recipes for things and the sort.

Photosynthesis - He does not require food, only a good dose of sunlight, and nice dirt is good too.

Camouflage - At will, he can turn into a normal tree and back to his treeguard form.

Weird crown - Newleaf's crown is possessed by a powerful nature spirit. When he wears the crown, Newleaf grows to about twice his size and becomes possessed by the spirit, gaining the ability to summon more treeguards as well as the ability to grow controllable plants from his body, such as vines and long branches. The crown will return to Newleaf at will, and the possession will only work when the crown sits upon his head, for he is the rightful heir.

Cons:

Flammable - Pretty sure I don't need to explain this one. He's a tree. He doesn't like fire.

Early bedtime - He begins to rapidly loose energy when he is not in the sun, he will grow weaker until forced into hibernation, transforming into his tree form, and essentially "turned off" until the sun comes out again.

That wasn't me, I swear - The spirit in his crown hates Newleaf. He is forced to follow Newleaf's will initially, but as the possession extends, he gains more free will. And the spirit simply loves to try and ruin Newleaf's life, be it attempting murder on his friends or assisting his enemies. Despite this, the spirit is also protective over the forest, and his hatred to his host comes second to his duty to protecting nature.

Can't swim - trees can't swim.

Empty Slot

(Required)

Empty Slot

(Optional)

Empty Slot

(Optional)

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

"So, now what do I have to do? Scale a mountain and bribe a guru so he'll train me in the art of manipulative writing? Kill a dragon that can disguise as a stingy guru using just a pencil and notepad? Kill an orphaned panda with it's mother's intestines? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO PROVE MYSELF?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Frustrated, KidneyBeanBoy ran from the room. Unbeknownst to him, he was being terribly impatient. But how could he know this? He was just caught up in the grandeur of his ideas. There was nothing he could do about it, besides writing... This... weird thing.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

I've decided to use the tree. He'll fit well in a crumbling world in my opinion.

Name: Newleaf

Maturity age: 50

Appearance: He seems to be your everyday treeguard (if there is such a thing) except larger in size, about 1.3 times the size of a normal tree.

Personality: Generally feels superior and a general hatred to almost all humans and most humanoids. He almost never lets go of a grudge, but is otherwise kind. He can be sympathetic to almost everything. He will get mad if you try to chop a tree, burn twigs, munch on carrots or berries, basically is very defending of nature, as well as wildlife. He can be persuaded to let go of a tree or two at times, but often he would tear off his own branches to light a fire rather than have another tree chopped.

History: (can't say I'm any good at these, either.) Once, a long time ago, most treeguards weren't the mindless ones that come at you if you chop enough trees. In fact, they had quite the empire within the islands. Newleaf was a prince of that place, soon to be king. However, after a series of wildfires and fire hound attacks, the empire slowly began falling, until one last fire burned it out completely. Newleaf and a few renegade treeguards managed to make it out of the rubble of their previous home. Whether They meant to destroy the kingdom is unknown. He also managed to escape with the strange crown passed down through his royal family through the generations. Many years passed since this incident, and Newleaf roams the forest, protecting what is left of his once beautiful world.

Abilities:

Pros:

Backup - Newleaf is able to turn four nearby trees into treeguards at a time, but he can only do this at day. They will return to normal trees at nightfall, and Newleaf needs to rest in order to summon any more.

I've been around - he knows a fair deal about the world around him, and knows a good deal about nature. This does not include man made things, or recipes for things and the sort.

Photosynthesis - He does not require food, only a good dose of sunlight, and nice dirt is good too.

Camouflage - At will, he can turn into a normal tree and back to his treeguard form.

Weird crown - Newleaf's crown is possessed by a powerful nature spirit. When he wears the crown, Newleaf grows to about twice his size and becomes possessed by the spirit, gaining the ability to summon more treeguards as well as the ability to grow controllable plants from his body, such as vines and long branches. The crown will return to Newleaf at will, and the possession will only work when the crown sits upon his head, for he is the rightful heir.

Cons:

Flammable - Pretty sure I don't need to explain this one. He's a tree. He doesn't like fire.

Early bedtime - He begins to rapidly loose energy when he is not in the sun, he will grow weaker until forced into hibernation, transforming into his tree form, and essentially "turned off" until the sun comes out again.

That wasn't me, I swear - The spirit in his crown hates Newleaf. He is forced to follow Newleaf's will initially, but as the possession extends, he gains more free will. And the spirit simply loves to try and ruin Newleaf's life, be it attempting murder on his friends or assisting his enemies. Despite this, the spirit is also protective over the forest, and his hatred to his host comes second to his duty to protecting nature.

Can't swim - trees can't swim.

Name: Rust

Race: humanoid dangling depth dweller

appearance: Rust's hair color is white and his eyes glow purple.his hairs are also a bit fuzzy.

personality: Rust is very sarcastic and also makes fun about what other people said, but he knows when he have to be serious.

Abilities:

Pro:

Death from above: can let himself dangling from above (if indoors or if something is above him)

Moonlight: is stronger on fullmoon

Nightvision: can see well in the dark

Contra:

Go away sun: is afraid of light and the sun

Time to sleep: can't stay awake in daylight

drowning: he can't swim

History: Rust once lived in a underground canyon in the ruins. After the collapse started the earthquakes got much stronger and he had to flee at the surface.