What causes pigs to get stuck in the ocean?

I recently rolled a new world with a unique goal, and after some time I noticed a peculiar problem: pigs began walking on water over time. I've found that their accumulation seaside has gotten worse as time passed, and from what I can tell I am not the only one with this problem.

I started a new world recently with Wendy. [...] I'm afraid the sea's god will visit me,and i'm not talking about Pengulls. I'm talking about Galerius, the sea god.

nLqx1iu.jpg

Funny thing is that there isn't any house near the coast. Of course it means that he really is the sea god.

While there is some solace in knowing I am not the only one with this... unique world aspect, my predicament is markedly exacerbated since part of my plan involved setting Pigs to Lots and moving all of the pigs into a city by hand.

I'm not really sure what the best way to deal with these pigs is, but as a former Willow main I tried doing what felt natural:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrsLc7VNauc

Is there a way to stop this from happening? It was fun in its own way at first, but I don't want this to become unmanageable by Day 500. I've taken to culling homeless pigs in my city just to avoid massive frame rate drops, but... something about it feels all wrong. I don't want to bloody my hands on a weekly basis just to keep my CPU stable.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks much for reading.

Is this is on the PS4, Steam or Standalone? 

Steam. Mods used are: Minimap HUD, Always On Status, DisplayFoodValues, Architectural Geometry, Diggable Reeds.

I'll likely wipe out what's left during winter since dusk will be much longer then. There's not much to report if I don't know how to reproduce it, so for now it's closer to a quirk this world has... an explosive, bacony quirk.

I remember when the drying racks were released,for some reason the meat in them was teleported to the center of the map.

Maybe this is happening with pigs too, but to the ones that you destroyed the house. I also hammered some houses on my map.

Just a theory though.

Just to see if it's a mod conflict or not, could you make a new world with no mods and recreate (with the console if need be to expedite) your existing world conditions and see if it still happens?

if not, could you redo this again turning on one mod (and turning it off and turning on another if that doesn't do it) seeing if that causes the issue? If not (after the last mod alone is turned on,) could you turn on one more mod and repeat, turning on one additional mod if/until the bug happens again? 

I remember when the drying racks were released, for some reason the meat in them was teleported to the center of the map. Maybe this is happening with pigs too, but to the ones that you destroyed the house. 

This is something I can test without too much hassle, although they have not reappeared since I finished the job in the video. I suspect it has something to do with homeless pigs that once lived near ocean barriers. I'll likely get around to it this week.

Just to see if it's a mod conflict or not, could you make a new world with no mods and recreate your existing world conditions and see if it still happens?

I may fiddle with mods in the not-too-distant future, but not within the next couple weeks. I'd like to finish what I wanted to do in this world before I start bug-hunting mods for free.

I have made a small pile of backup saves for this world, although they may all be tainted by mod presence since I generated the world with them on and never turned them off since. However, I'll upload them in case someone else wants to try their hand before I do: Day 1 ; Day 27 ; Day 56 ; Day 81 ; Day 105 ; Day 121 ; Day 184 (post-pig annihilation).

Thanks for the ideas.

I play on the PS4 and have had the same issue, I hammer pig houses to build a pig city closer to my base and for some reason the pigs end up in the ocean unable to return to the land. I've tried ranged weapons but they have had no effect, also the pigs that get stuck running in the ocean prevent further pigs from spawning from the houses.

I think I know the answer to this, the gods were once happy and peaceful until all out war happened and chaos spread amongst the realms until one pig was called upon to bring peace and  balance. the pigs name was Galerious the Sea God. after the pig was called upon his majestic sea powers calmed all gods and ended the war. The End

I think I know the answer to this, the gods were once happy and peaceful until all out war happened and chaos spread amongst the realms until one pig was called upon to bring peace and  balance. the pigs name was Galerious the Sea God. after the pig was called upon his majestic sea powers drowned all gods and ended the war. The End

Archived