Any elegant way to start fresh?

I notice when we die even if we start a new world we got the research points and the items already researched unlocked. Is there any way to start like it's the first time we are playing the game without re-installing it?

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Im afraid that currently its not possible to start out fresh through ingame means, i personally would love to be able to do that. But good news! In january the current research point system is going to be replaced entirely by another system, removing research points entirely. With this huge overhaul also comes the ability to start out fresh. In fact, every time u start a new game and every time u make a new world u will start out fresh again.

it's easy! do this steps! :

1. turn off steam cloud. (google it if you don't know how.)

2. go to your steam folder > userdata > number, ( delete this 219740 )

3. launch game and create new world. (you can now turn on steam cloud but you don't need)

With this huge overhaul also comes the ability to start out fresh. In fact, every time u start a new game and every time u make a new world u will start out fresh again.

This is not good news to me. I would vastly prefer to have the option to start fresh, but not be forced to.

This is not good news to me. I would vastly prefer to have the option to start fresh, but not be forced to.

Im sure ur not the only one that feels this way. Personally i would start fresh nearly every time, but once the system comes out and u still feel this way, u can always make a suggestion about it on the suggestion forums. The devs read everything im told, and considering the amount of dev replies on these forums, i believe this is really the case. Awesome!