caves and clockworks

AdamTheGamer

Claudius kills the spiders in any way he can think of. Squashing them with his heavily armored foot. Cleaving them in half with his blade. Ripping off the spider's limbs, who seemed to be harmlessly bouncing off his armor. He was having a good time, even laughing. But soon the spiders all fell.

"What, that's it? C'mon!"

"Apologies, m'lady... I rarely ever served on the front lines. In fact, I stopped years ago. The only reason I stayed in the heat of battle was because my friends urged me. But when Shatter got to them, I was forced into the guard position. The other four guards were dismissed... They were no longer needed..."

Claudius thinks for a moment.

"Anyway, no knights stood out to me anymore. It's nothing to do with the fact that you're a woman, m'lady. It was only King David and me in that throne room, and sometimes a squire."

"Why, I wouldn't know. The King never spoke to me about his life, always about mine. Sure, he said how he yearned to be young again, but nothing about family. I'm fairly certain, however, that he had at least one. Why is it that you ask?"

Edited by Blewcheese

(On either -- SIDEBURNS they can't be replaced. My own siiiiiiides burn. When I think of the days, before my...

Also: Watch me be wrong. Watch me be thinking of something wrong.)

Claudius inspects Angel's facial expression during the conversation, and comes to a conclusion.

"Are you suggesting that you are her?"

Claudius laughs.

"Is that offensive in your language? Calling me an intelligent mule?"

His smile fades from his face.

"Is it even possible to return to the kingdom? I've no idea where, or when, we are. I'm fairly certain this isn't one of Shatter's illusions, they don't last this long..."