[Help] Who has the game with steam ?

QxP

I thought it was the sales and the great online service that allowed them to kill their rivals.

For example steam vs gog.com steam wins look at me i bought same game but that im sick now but who choosed steam still playing happily --> ok great online service but why mods not allowed to download ? why ? Steams didnt release these mods players like us did. 

And asked for help nobody helped me just argument just useless junk etc. Oh Jesus...

But Steam didn't tell them not to release the mods for standalone too.

Damn them too !  :mad-new:

So why steam doesnt allow ? 

Why these people just upload their stuff just steam ?

Why anybody  just doesnt give me these files ?

Topunuzun Aq ne biçim adamlarsınız....

Sokarım ya !

So no one gonna point out that at least one of the mods the OP requested -does- provide a direct download link and the OP is just being too lazy to realize what they're asking for is already available?

But that would imply I care enough about the mod to read the description.

You are asking people you don't know to spread someone's work without their permission. That's the problem.

post-267484-0-75658400-1383403971.gif

This is precisely the problem.

Now, I have an artist's perspective on this - an artist does not take kindly to their work being distributed without their permission or knowledge. We love it when you share our work with friends - but we want you to get it from the places we decide to put it. We like being in control of our work.

This is especially true of something interactive, as is the case with a mod.

If someone downloads a mod off Steam and uploads it here, there is now a download of the mod that the creator A, does not know about, and B, did not authorise.

This may not seem like a big deal to a user, but it creates a lot of problems for the creator.

The mod may be downloaded here by many others, and nobody is going to keep updating the link every time there's an update. That's the job of the creator. If there's an update that fixes a bug, and you report a bug with the old, non-updated version, they're going to assume you have the most recent update, when you don't. If they only upload it to Steam, then they know that all users will always have the most up-to-date version.

We cannot provide links to download files we didn't create - and it's not for legal reasons; we're not worried that we're going to get in trouble for uploading a file that is shared freely on another service. It's about courtesy to the creator. I work hard on my mods, and I wouldn't take kindly to them being distributed without my knowledge, resulting in potential headaches, should someone report a bug.

And also, getting snippy and responding quite rudely to people trying to explain this to you... is really not going to earn you any favours. Stamping your feet, yelling, and throwing a tantrum will not get you anywhere.

post-267484-0-93297800-1383405107_thumb.

Do you know of a mod which has differences between the versions? (I'm curious)

As an example, I put all the versions of RPG HUD in one mod and let the user decide via modmain what version they want to use. The problem was this doesn't work on the workshop since it overwrites the file if it's not 100% identical. So I ended up going back to 1 mod 1 file.

As an example, I put all the versions of RPG HUD in one mod and let the user decide via modmain what version they want to use. The problem was this doesn't work on the workshop since it overwrites the file if it's not 100% identical. So I ended up going to 1 mod 1 file.

Oh yes, there's that. I think you having to split up your mod is one of the main examples supporting why we absolutely need mod configurability in the Workshop.

Oh yes, there's that. I think you having to split up your mod is one of the main examples supporting why we absolutely need mod configurability in the Workshop.

Yup. I won't be keeping my hopes too high. I need an "ignore" function really bad in the workshop..

Forum Mods Master Race!

Actually I like both. The workshop is so easy to use for those who aren't really used to computers but unfortunately limits some mods/modders possibilities. The forum versions in the other hand are tweakable but are a pain in the butt when it comes to updates since you can't change a thing without it notifying it to subscribers (even a screenshot or a typo).

But I know how tiresome it can get to update here and on steam each time.

• Developer

Hieveryone   :-) i didnt buy dont starve from steam i bought this from "gog.com". very long time ago.But some mods didnt released for klei forums they  released them only steam community. 

Can anyone download them and upload for me any file hosters(turbobit -netload -hotfile...) or something ?

I need these mods :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184248341&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188222262&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173445089&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=174722608&searchtext=

thanks so much !

If you want someone to post their workshop mod on the Klei forums, you should ask the author to post it there.  You can just go to the mod in Steam and post a comment and they'll get alerted next time they open Steam and if they're interested, they'll post it on the forums and if not, then unfortunately you're out of luck.  If they need help posting it on the forums, tell them to come here and I'll help them out :).

Sorry but I'm locking the thread now :).

Archived