Which leads to Ant-Eaters! Hooray! I mean, who doesn't want this in game?[ATTACH=CONFIG]5596[/ATTACH]

Hell, ant-eaters will be great. And maybe make an animal that eats bugs in general, cross of a sloth with an ant-eater. But having anthills and maybe insects that menace your stored food or crops (like grasshoppers or locusts) will add a plus

Hell, ant-eaters will be great. And maybe make an animal that eats bugs in general, cross of a sloth with an ant-eater. But having anthills and maybe insects that menace your stored food or crops (like grasshoppers or locusts) will add a plus

Someone get a dev down here now!PS - Cute Anteater Piggyback!

CRAFTINGTo establish honey and nectar as an essential part of crafting in the Don’t starve universe, honey now serves two functions, Food and the production of beeswax. Beeswax is made by refining 10 units of honey and is integral to the crafting of candles, an alternate light source.

I remember suggesting beeswax a while back, when we debated fixing the Miner's Helmet (i.e. replace fireflies with candle). The goal being that the new version of the miner's helmet wouldn't be "On" (and thus deplete) while being worn, but rather the player would need to light the candle on the helmet (/w flint) and could extinguish it by removing the helmet from their head.

Candles are made using two units of wax and 1 rope.

Personally I preferred the idea of refining Silk into String (like how Grass is refined into Rope). Then you would combine string and beeswax to create a candle.

Candles need to be placed on the ground in order to provide light but they are unique in the fact that at anytime while they are resting on the ground they can be turned on and off, this allows candles to be used as a form of fixed emergency lighting.

Hmmm, not sure. Maybe you could create an alternate pumpkin lantern? Or lantern? I still think revamping the crafting recipe for the Miner's Helmet would be a good idea.

I like it overall, except for the unnecessary addition of nectar. It's only purpose is gathering 5 to convert it to honey. It feels "cluttery".I would much rather tweak the drop rate of honey than add another useless step on it.

I have to agree with Excess. For nectar to make any sense it would need to have a use, otherwise it just seems like it exists for the sole purpose of making extra work for the player. It would be better to adjust the honey production values instead.

Also, Badgers. Some may attack beehives to get honey and will pick up carrots to eat.

Is this what you want!?!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6146610944/h8244E5FB/

On a more serious note, I know players in the past have requested the much more dangerous honey badger be added to the game. Those honey badgers look seriously vicious.

But the Ant-eaters are cool

Without ants wouldn't they starv-ahhhh I see what you did there. Don't starve ant-eaters! Heh. :)