How Do I Install Mods On Windows 7?.

SVGK

this video would have helped, but the steam folder he opens 1:27 into the video.... it isn't there on mine, i only have 4 things in that folder so i couldn't have missed it, how can i get this folder?, i think installing steam was supposed to give me this folder, but it didn't.

if that wasn't clear enough, the usual process of installing a mod would be to drop the unzipped mod into \steamapps\common\dont_starve\mods, but the \steam part is missing in mine.

• Developer

this video would have helped, but the steam folder he opens 1:27 into the video.... it isn't there on mine, i only have 4 things in that folder so i couldn't have missed it, how can i get this folder?, i think installing steam was supposed to give me this folder, but it didn't.

if that wasn't clear enough, the usual process of installing a mod would be to drop the unzipped mod into \steamapps\common\dont_starve\mods, but the \steam part is missing in mine.

In steam, right click on 'Don't Starve' in your library and click properties.  Click on the local files tab and then click 'Browse Local files'.  There should be a folder in there called 'mods' which is where you can install your mods.  Also, if you're using steam, it might be easier to check out the Steam Workshop.

post-283016-0-26139600-1381948883_thumb.

So... after making hundreds of mod requests, you finally decided to install one? :razz:

I got a new computer with a different OS a few days ago, after so long using a mac, i have been reminded of how unintuitive and confusing the windows interface is.

I got a new computer with a different OS a few days ago, after so long using a mac, i have been reminded of how unintuitive and confusing the windows interface is.

I'm in the opposite boat, going from Windows to Mac. Having to open up the 'app' file is quite weird. I prefer knowing exactly what I'm looking at when I'm looking through my files.

Anyways, like Cheerio said, Steam has the option to view the game directory.

I'm in the opposite boat, going from Windows to Mac. Having to open up the 'app' file is quite weird. I prefer knowing exactly what I'm looking at when I'm looking through my files.

Yeah, an app "file" is actually a folder, which adopts a standard internal structure so that it can be run.

Archived