Harnessing the power of Lightning Rods

Now don't get me wrong, Lightning Rods are a fantastic item and a staple of any large renewable resource farm, but for as long as I can remember Wilson has talked about harnessing the power of the heavens with it and WX-78 even refers to it as backup power.

Since the Lightning Rod denies WX-78 overcharge when he's around it I think he should be able to somehow drain the power from a Lightning Rod into a craftable item that retains the electrical current, and to keep it from being completely useless to other characters it could alternatively be able to provide electrical power to things that are compatible with it (like the Lantern, Night Light, or perhaps a new light item).

Lets make the OP character even more OP.

and to keep it from being completely useless to other characters it could alternatively be able to provide electrical power to things that are compatible with it (like the Lantern, Night Light, or perhaps a new light item).

New electrical items would be cool. Maybe with DLC.

I think it could be great for WX to have the possibility of taking the carge of the rod without the sanity debuff. Maybe klei could add a bit health debuff to increase the utility of the rod..?

Teo has a good point in that this would just make the overpowered WX-78 more overpowered (I'd argue he's meant to be overpowered in the late game, being a snowball character, but this isn't the thread for that debate), so there would need to be some sort of nerf to the health gained. Can't just have a pocket device that gives you full health in one click. I feel like the Sanity loss should still be implemented in full to keep the System Overloads you have on demand from being any better than System Overloads you get by random chance.

Now don't get me wrong, Lightning Rods are a fantastic item and a staple of any large renewable resource farm, but for as long as I can remember Wilson has talked about harnessing the power of the heavens with it and WX-78 even refers to it as backup power.

Since the Lightning Rod denies WX-78 overcharge when he's around it I think he should be able to somehow drain the power from a Lightning Rod into a craftable item that retains the electrical current, and to keep it from being completely useless to other characters it could alternatively be able to provide electrical power to things that are compatible with it (like the Lantern, Night Light, or perhaps a new light item).

Dude! It's not completely useless as you said lightning rods protect your farm like berries and so.......

Advantages of a lightning rod:

It prevents lightning from hitting your crops

Disadvantages:

It really has a long cooldown

Now this is my point:

if we could drain its power of lightning or harness it then it will never have a disadvantage making the game less enjoyable because every item on the game has it's disadvantages like the piggyback you can put more items in it but it makes your movement speed a bit lower and if it this disadvantage of a lightning rod was taken away then many of the players will be bored.....can't understand me??

well just think of it as a cheating tool like that and you'll know it.......and that's the reason why Klei made it like that and if you dont really understand me feel free to Quote on this comment and i will reply

Guys, I know this post is old, but WX-78 ca actually get overcharged and it's not random. Whenever you touch the stones that can revive you; when you do die and use it it overcharges him and he runs faster, mines faster, and chops faster. There's a possibility that he does an OP amount of damage to enemies but I haven't tried it yet. I have seen the same thing with the Lightning Rod before it gets hit and after. WX-78 does say it's backup power, but he says that his power is low when he is hungry. This couldn't be something that he could harness because even it would seem completely unrealistic with the rest of the game. All the characters even if it doesn't seem right eat, go insane, and have health. If we made a way to cheat this system by unlocking this simple character; it would completely cheat the system and destroy the point of flowers and red mushrooms. It make the other two mushrooms completely OP with the fact that when you eat them, they give sanity but take some health. With how often the storms could be; people don't have to struggle(which is the point of the game) and would completely take away the on the edge of your seat feeling.

Seriouly?

They already mentioned that WX gets overcharged and I think they know what it does. The thread also suggested electricity in general, not only for overcharging WX. Seriouly, just DON'T answer to threads older than like 2 months.

Archived