Issues updating the language files.

As usual I wanted to update the Dutch translation for the newest Don't Starve version... However, as soon as I patch the dutch.po file with the strings.pot file, it doesn't get updated completely. It says there are 32 new lines and 130 old ones, but as soon as I have to press 'ok' only 5 lines get added (all fuzzy ones, no new ones).

Here's the error I get and always got before (never paid much notice to it):

09:39:59: C:\Users\Iris\AppData\Local\Temp\poe735D.tmp\1input.po:18830: warning: internationalized messages should not contain the `\v' escape sequence
09:39:59: C:\Users\Iris\AppData\Local\Temp\poe735D.tmp\1input.po:27362: warning: internationalized messages should not contain the `\r' escape sequence
09:39:59: C:\Users\Iris\AppData\Local\Temp\poe735D.tmp\1input.po:27362: warning: internationalized messages should not contain the `\r' escape sequence
09:39:59: C:\Users\Iris\AppData\Local\Temp\poe735D.tmp\1input.po:28525: warning: The following msgid contains non-ASCII characters.
09:39:59:                                                                        This will cause problems to translators who use a character encoding
09:39:59:                                                                        different from yours. Consider using a pure ASCII msgid instead.
09:39:59:                                                                        þ
09:39:59: C:\Users\Iris\AppData\Local\Temp\poe735D.tmp\1input.po:28535: warning: The following msgid contains non-ASCII characters.
09:39:59:                                                                        This will cause problems to translators who use a character encoding
09:39:59:                                                                        different from yours. Consider using a pure ASCII msgid instead.
09:39:59:                                                                        ÿ

When I had this kind of problem, I deleted lines, which contains chars þ and ÿ from original file (maybe as well as from your language .po file). Then there should not be any problem. If I remember correctly, these lines don't need to be in your .po file, the game automatically assigns original lines instead of missing lines.

• Developer

When I had this kind of problem, I deleted lines, which contains chars þ and ÿ from original file (maybe as well as from your language .po file). Then there should not be any problem. If I remember correctly, these lines don't need to be in your .po file, the game automatically assigns original lines instead of missing lines.

Kappa is correct however I've created a proper .pot file with those strings removed.  When updating your language mod, you will still get the same errors but if you click the 'Catalog'->'Purge deleted translations' option it will get rid of them so that you don't need to worry about it anymore.

Try it out and let me know if you have any problems.  If it's all good, I'll update the 'Six Feet Under' one through a hotfix.

strings.zip

• Developer

Kappa is correct however I've created a proper .pot file with those strings removed.  When updating your language mod, you will still get the same errors but if you click the 'Catalog'->'Purge deleted translations' option it will get rid of them so that you don't need to worry about it anymore.

Try it out and let me know if you have any problems.  If it's all good, I'll update the 'Six Feet Under' one through a hotfix.

attachicon.gifstrings.zip

The game should now have the latest '.pot' file as part of it's standard distribution.

Archived