Changing the equipslots images

kiopho

Hi there!

Does anyone know how to change the tex files for the equipslots directly from modmain.lua ? It would help me a great deal since I don't have much time, being busy IRL and with the upcoming update.

@Ipsquiggle What's up with all these updates ? You're gonna kill me !   :razz:

I would like to know this too since I want to edit/get rid of trinket_9!

Just bumping it up. @Kevin @Ipsquiggle Please some help if possible before the next update.

Kevin's out for a few days and I don't think Ipsquiggle is coming back to help.  @Cheerio is the man now, but he seems to be up to his eyeballs in mod collaborations.

What isn't working for you, or you just want to streamline future updates? (I've got all my backpack/amulet mods working easy enough).

• Developer

Kevin's out for a few days and I don't think Ipsquiggle is coming back to help.  @Cheerio is the man now, but he seems to be up to his eyeballs in mod collaborations.

What isn't working for you, or you just want to streamline future updates? (I've got all my backpack/amulet mods working easy enough).

It's just one collaboration :).  Also I only work on that on evenings and weekends :).

All I want is to change the images of the equipslots without overwriting inventorybar.lua. I'm doing everything through modmain.lua.

Here an example for the upcoming update (Six Feet Under). Take a look at the end of modmain.lua to see the changes done to inventorybar.lua through the API. However I can't change the tex files for the default equipslots.

Plus, I'm sure it's very easy, but I don't know how to do it.

RPG HUD 20

• Developer

All I want is to change the images of the equipslots without overwriting inventorybar.lua. I'm doing everything through modmain.lua.

Here an example for the upcoming update (Six Feet Under). Take a look at the end of modmain.lua to see the changes done to inventorybar.lua through the API. However I can't change the tex files for the default equipslots.

Plus, I'm sure it's very easy, but I don't know how to do it.

RPG HUD 20

The equip slot images are setup here:

inventorybar.lua(73): self:AddEquipSlot(EQUIPSLOTS.HANDS, HUD_ATLAS, "equip_slot.tex")

inventorybar.lua(74): self:AddEquipSlot(EQUIPSLOTS.BODY, HUD_ATLAS, "equip_slot_body.tex")

inventorybar.lua(75): self:AddEquipSlot(EQUIPSLOTS.HEAD, HUD_ATLAS, "equip_slot_head.tex")

And the hud atlas is this pair of files:

images/hud.tex

images/hud.xml

So your two options are to point those lines to new atlases/xmls or replace the entire hud.tex and hud.xml with your own atlas.  I think the first solution is probably the easiest.

The equip slot images are setup here:

inventorybar.lua(73): self:AddEquipSlot(EQUIPSLOTS.HANDS, HUD_ATLAS, "equip_slot.tex")

inventorybar.lua(74): self:AddEquipSlot(EQUIPSLOTS.BODY, HUD_ATLAS, "equip_slot_body.tex")

inventorybar.lua(75): self:AddEquipSlot(EQUIPSLOTS.HEAD, HUD_ATLAS, "equip_slot_head.tex")

And the hud atlas is this pair of files:

images/hud.tex

images/hud.xml

So your two options are to point those lines to new atlases/xmls or replace the entire hud.tex and hud.xml with your own atlas.  I think the first solution is probably the easiest.

Thanks for your answer @Cheerio, that's what I used to do. But that means I have to replace inventorybar.lua which I'm trying to avoid. I think I can't anymore due to the new changes done to that file.

Thanks again for taking some time to help me.

Cheers!

Archived