[HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE] (Mod Collab) Waverly, the bewitched

Thanks a lot ^^  It's the same error, the thing is math.huge isn't mentioned that's why I had no clue where to start with it.

Would you also be so kind to test a fight against Waverly? You can spawn her with the console with

DebugSpawn("waverlymob")

Equip yourself a bit (and don't save when she summons mobs herself) She's probably pretty op but I mainly want to know if you could find any bugs.

No hurry though  ^^

Her summons have a sanity-aura already, so that should also just be finetuned.

Most difficult thing would be to get artwork  ; )  Also we don't have a static_layout yet which should contains the weeping willow which I still think is the coolest part.

oh I already fought her, thats the first thing I did (late reply due to other stuff happening) there were no bugs to be found, a difficult fight but I managed with a logsuit, a spear and a boomerang

oh I already fought her, thats the first thing I did (late reply due to other stuff happening) there were no bugs to be found, a difficult fight but I managed with a logsuit, a spear and a boomerang

Nice ^^  With that setup the fight might actually be to easy, or do you conider yourself an above average player?

Nice ^^  With that setup the fight might actually be to easy, or do you conider yourself an above average player?

I dont know where to map myself, but I think the boomerang is what made it easy, as her kiting mechanic actually makes her incredibly hard to hit but boomerangs ignore that

overall i think ranged weapons is her weakness

I dont know where to map myself, but I think the boomerang is what made it easy, as her kiting mechanic actually makes her incredibly hard to hit but boomerangs ignore that

overall i think ranged weapons is her weakness

But she did summon mobs, didn't she?

well, I could always go grab some, it isn't too spectacular but the summonings could prove deadly in a forest (lightning strike) until an artist is in play i'm not sure it'd be worth it

Yeah, I can probably agree. I can always try to do simple reskins of the artwork, don't know how that will turn out though. And the Waverly and willow will definately need a professional artist.

Yeah, I can probably agree. I can always try to do simple reskins of the artwork, don't know how that will turn out though. And the Waverly and willow will definately need a professional artist.

Yeah. I was going to ask around for an artist, but besides putting up a kleislist post, I don't know how to do it.

Yeah. I was going to ask around for an artist, but besides putting up a kleislist post, I don't know how to do it.

The thing is I don't know how many people actually look at the Klei list. But I guess if noone answers there the only option is to ask them directly. Though that might be super annoying for them... I don't know either, sorry.

@Craig_Perry

I updated the mod slightly and hope that the mobs you spawn will now not only not corrupt the save file but even persist to follow you across saveing and loading. If you can take a look tomorrow and tell me if you can find a bug specifically about spawning mobs, saving, loading and the health penalty I'd appreciate that. Again, no hurry! I can test it myself sooner or later as well, just now I need something to eat (again) ^^

The thing is I don't know how many people actually look at the Klei list. But I guess if noone answers there the only option is to ask them directly. Though that might be super annoying for them... I don't know either, sorry.

@Craig_Perry

I updated the mod slightly and hope that the mobs you spawn will now not only not corrupt the save file but even persist to follow you across saveing and loading. If you can take a look tomorrow and tell me if you can find a bug specifically about spawning mobs, saving, loading and the health penalty I'd appreciate that. Again, no hurry! I can test it myself sooner or later as well, just now I need something to eat (again) ^^

alright, little tied up with U&A in the latest preview but I'll make sure I get round to it

So, now that we can stop worrying about art, and all the base coding is done, how about we add a spell system? Maybe we could have a wand crafting tab similar to Wickerbottom's book tab.

We don't have all the basic coding done  ; )  I really want that weeping willow thingy since that is something that should actually be a thing to "show" which makes more of an impression than a character, ifykwim.

Then a custom tab would be cool, but I had rather thought about a spell-tab that let's you "equip" spells similiar to the elder scrolls. And the wand is rather the medium to cast the spells. Though I haven't thought about how to code that yet and don't have time to do so today cause I need to do some homework for tomorrow.

I know that problem, my own character still needs tons of strings (which are lowest priority as long as the other stuff isn't working) but you'll surely manage ; )

I hope I can : p. By the way, could you catch me up on whats in the mod, with the values and such? I made a couple tweaks to the main ideas (I forgot to tell anyone about them), and I'm not exactly sure if they got implemented yet.

I hope I can : p. By the way, could you catch me up on whats in the mod, with the values and such? I made a couple tweaks to the main ideas (I forgot to tell anyone about them), and I'm not exactly sure if they got implemented yet.

The newest version is in up now, can't fill you in on the details though since I'm off to university in a few minutes.

I hope you're writing the quotes in the actual code, cause I really don't want to copy&paste all that when you're done  : /

Archived