[Videos] Development Videos

Awesome trailer, but I feel like something is missing right at the end.  Maybe the "projection end" sound.  I also think the "Up and Away" logo should be a bit bigger, the screen feels really empty.

#Nitpicky

Niiiice!

I just think the U&A logo after the countdown should last longer. In the Halloween Mod Challenge trailer, for example, it lasts 6 seconds. I think we could do with less, maybe 3-4 seconds, but certainly longer than it currently is.

*grumble grumble*

Okay, back to the editor. :p

Any in mind? It has a few already, or at least it's supposed to.

According to the page source code, it doesn't, so maybe the video hasn't updated yet. Checking some videos, such as JarDev's and Yogscast's, the following tags should be enough:

game

don't starve

mods

don't starve mods

up and away

up & away

According to the page source code, it doesn't, so maybe the video hasn't updated yet. Checking some videos, such as JarDev's and Yogscast's, the following tags should be enough:

game

don't starve

mods

don't starve mods

up and away

up & away

don't starve mods

is the only one I didn't have.

Also, do you think I should make it public or keep it unlisted for the moment?

don't starve mods

is the only one I didn't have.

So the video just hasn't updated yet. Hopefully it will, unlike the end cutting thing.

Also, do you think I should make it public or keep it unlisted for the moment?

Having it public would be nice, so people can find it by searching. So, unless you object to drawing attention to your "channel", I vote public.

So the video just hasn't updated yet. Hopefully it will, unlike the end cutting thing.

Having it public would be nice, so people can find it by searching. So, unless you object to drawing attention to your "channel", I vote public.

Well the tags don't require updating, it's supposed to be instant.

And, according to youtube, the end cutting thing finally finished. :p

Well the tags don't require updating, it's supposed to be instant.

I know Youtube doesn't do that thing when it says your video will be ready "shortly", but the page souce listed no tags until a few minutes ago. It does now, though the recommendation still don't include anything DS-related; but they are about gaming, at least, and that's quite enough.

EDIT: On, I see: it's using the "alpha" in the title as the main connection to related content. I think we should have "Don't Starve" in the title, both for clarity (and more importantly to make it more prominent when searching) and for this reason. What about "Up and Away Alpha Trailer (Don't Starve mod)"?

I know Youtube doesn't do that thing when it says your video will be ready "shortly", but the page souce listed no tags until a few minutes ago. It does now, though the recommendation still don't include anything DS-related; but they are about gaming, at least, and that's quite enough.

EDIT: On, I see: it's using the "alpha" in the title as the main connection to related content. I think we should have "Don't Starve" in the title, both for clarity (and more importantly to make it more prominent when searching) and for this reason. What about "Up and Away Alpha Trailer (Don't Starve mod)"?

Done. It does seem to be a bit off with its suggestions, though. Even with the tags and a name-change.

Done. It does seem to be a bit off with its suggestions, though. Even with the tags and a name-change.

Since I'm getting exactly the same suggestions as before the name change, I think it just hasn't updated them yet. But anyway, at this point this is just nitpicking. The original suggestions were just so way off it was embarassing, but once the tags took hold they became relevant enough (and will likely become even more relevant after the name affects them).

Deserves all the praise it can get! All of it is brilliant!

Certainly. Vivalavie's art is awesome.

Also, has anyone else noticed how unlucky we've been that after nine months, we've just released our Alpha, and Steam's acting up and loads of people can't play it... :grin:

I think quite a few people noticed that :razz:.

Hopefully the Steam issues will be gone soon.

With praises to spare for @Vivalavie's art ;].

WHY NO SMASHING IN THIS VIDEO :D:D haha

somehow for example the bean house looks a lot more saturated than how it looks in my files? does the cloud realm add a pinkish tint? but i dont think its on the other stuff up there

WHY NO SMASHING IN THIS VIDEO :grin: :grin: haha

Because he read the recipes backwards, so he couldn't figure out how to use it. :razz:

somehow for example the bean house looks a lot more saturated than how it looks in my files? does the cloud realm add a pinkish tint? but i dont think its on the other stuff up there

The cloudrealm applies the winter filter to colours. It's not really a tint, it just replaces colours with colder ones; but don't worry about it.

Because he read the recipes backwards, so he couldn't figure out how to use it. :razz:

The cloudrealm applies the winter filter to colours. It's not really a tint, it just replaces colours with colder ones; but don't worry about it.

pink is not the coldest color :D was just wondering why it effects only certain things, i can consider that when i do cloud realm only stuff 

pink is not the coldest color :grin: was just wondering why it effects only certain things, i can consider that when i do cloud realm only stuff

It doesn't replace every colour with the coldest colour. It just tends to make them colder.

And it's not that it affects just some things, but that it affects each colour differently. It's essentially a lookup table: for each original colour there's a target colour which replaces it.

Archived