hmm.. about that hitting one spider!!

let me correct myself....it was 9 nests XD

I had this same thing happen... except it was in a Graveyard I had just discovered, with about 8 triple-nests around its outside edge. That I hadn't seen yet. And it was dusk. So I hit one and a huge, screen-coating blot of Spiders came running in from about 5 different directions. While nighttime was quickly closing in.

I got really lucky to escape with just a few bites in the rear end. Talk about a tense moment!

I had this same thing happen... except it was in a Graveyard I had just discovered, with about 8 triple-nests around its outside edge. That I hadn't seen yet. And it was dusk. So I hit one and a huge, screen-coating blot of Spiders came running in from about 5 different directions. While nighttime was quickly closing in.

I got really lucky to escape with just a few bites in the rear end. Talk about a tense moment!

Ah I have one graveyard which has about 7 nests too. I just make pigmen do my work tho.

I purposely made an area with 25 nests so I can farm spiders. =P Best way to pwn them all at once is a line of trees on fire or torch em all to death. Monster meat in a crock pot = great way to great healthy food.

Edited by Kami

I purposely made an area with 25 nests so I can farm spiders. =P Best way to pwn them all at once is a line of trees on fire or torch em all to death. Monster meant in a crock pot = great way to great healthy food.

Unfortunately, Killing It With Fire also means that you have a chance to lose out on a lot of Silk. Any Spider Nest that catches fire gets destroyed but won't "drop" any Silk or Spider Eggs. Of course, if all you're after is Monster Meat, then let 'em burn. ;)

Unfortunately, Killing It With Fire also means that you have a chance to lose out on a lot of Silk. Any Spider Nest that catches fire gets destroyed but won't "drop" any Silk or Spider Eggs. Of course, if all you're after is Monster Meat, then let 'em burn. ;)

I only kill the nests and replant them when they hit stage 3. Other than that I just burn the spiders.

I'm impressed that you never had the fire spread back to the nests while torching the spiders. That's exactly the sort of thing I picture happening to me if I tried to do what you're describing.

<---- is bad with fire

I'm impressed that you never had the fire spread back to the nests while torching the spiders. That's exactly the sort of thing I picture happening to me if I tried to do what you're describing.

<---- is bad with fire

Trick is to lure them far enough away that they don't run back to the nest while on fire. This works best when using the hit-and-run tactic to keep them following you to either the opposite edge of the circle your on or into another circle, torch them and watch em burn, then collect your epic lootz.