2 Suggestions: Quantity + Scroll wheel

Hi Dev's i have a few suggestions for you guys today. My first suggestion is for Cooking, Using Alchemy Machines and Etc. I always find myself (I am sure everyone else does too) getting large quantity of supplies such as meat/berries/carrots and i usually always cook them at the same time but i requires continuous clicking of the fire. My suggestion is for there to be a bar/window to pop up and ask the amount/quantity of meat that i want cooked and for it to continuously cooking it with out everyone having to click over and over. This way we can just type in the number of meat we want cooked. (Example: 3/9) I've seen this system used in multiple games so its not anything new but i would suggest it to be added to this. Also for other reasons this would be very good addition is i find myself gathering Monster Meat and cooking multiples, for anyone who has done this they most likely did the same thing i did and have accidentally clicked it to close to your character and they die from eating it. The reason for this is i would be attempting to cook it as fast as possible and the quantity bar would just allow me to click it once and cook 6 Monster Meats without any accidents of killing myself.

My second suggestion for the game is for the mouse wheel. I am not sure exactly how the in-game scroll wheel works currently but from my own notice it usually zooms out and slowly goes back in closer to my character. My suggestion for the mouse wheel is to allow the player to click the mouse wheel in or mouse button 3 to lock the camera of where its at. This would allow players to zoom out to a certain height and then you can lock the camera in place at the height we want it, instead of it auto zooming back in at unreasonable levels.

Those are my two suggestions and i just wanted to let you guys know that i am really enjoying the game. These are just two suggestions that i think personally wouldn't be a bad idea to add in. I would appreciate feedback and sorry if someone already suggested this since i didn't scroll through every post to see if someone suggested the same. Thanks

I always find myself (I am sure everyone else does too) getting large quantity of supplies such as meat/berries/carrots and i usually always cook them at the same time but i requires continuous clicking of the fire. My suggestion is for there to be a bar/window to pop up and ask the amount/quantity of meat that i want cooked and for it to continuously cooking it with out everyone having to click over and over.

Hmmm. While I know it can be tedious to click multiple times over a fire to cook each food item, in all honest we shouldn't have all that much food to be cooking. And also food isn't cooked instantaneously, it takes ~1 second per food item, so if you chose to auto-cook 20 food items you would be caught in ~20 seconds of cooking animation... now imagine your fire started to get low or a spider wandered in during all of this... you would be in trouble.

By cooking each item on its own we can decide when to stop cooking and do something else, like feed the fire or kill a spider. So while your suggestion does reduce the tedious nature of the task, I find the current method grants greater control.

Hello there mobius, on the prowl in the suggestion forums again i see ^_^

I never thought about the fact that control could be crucial during a cooking session, but i would like to see this proposed change go for research points. I need to get rid of the millions of hound teeth i have collected and researching them 1 by 1 does not look like something im gonna have fun with. And considering they want to make it less grindy, this would be a good albeit temporary change.

In January the whole research points system will get a massive overhaul, hence the temporary part ;)