World Map

I suggest have a toggle button that allows you to turn on and off different resources from the overworld map. Also suggest that the overworld map change from a yellow background with hard-to-see shapes (showing it's type), to something more colour-coded.

Well, assuming the map is drawn on yellowish parchment, using charcoal, the current map style fits the theory that your character is actively drawing a map whilst exploring. Considering this possibility, do you still stand by your original statement? Don't forget, you can also zoom in or out while viewing the map to make recognizing areas and objects easier. ^^

Some changes have been suggested before. Some colours would make the map easier to use and a bit more attractive too. I get that you can view it as Wilson drawing on parchment, but it is just not very clear and watching the map does not pause the game anymore, so you dont have that much time to read it.

This sounds familiar... but I can't see any posts from me so it must be new. :)

I suggest have a toggle button that allows you to turn on and off different resources from the overworld map. Also suggest that the overworld map change from a yellow background with hard-to-see shapes (showing it's type), to something more colour-coded.

I've never had any issue with the resource icons, as they are usually spread out enough that they don't really conflict with one another. Also, as was noted by Lezli, you can zoom in to further seperate overlapping icons. Reagrdless, I think the map should use colour from the very beginning as I've complained elsewhere that some terrains/biomes are hard to discern, especially swamps. All you can do is tell a swamp island by the appearance of reed and pond icons... but not the swamp's exact dimensions/size.