First Impression and Feedback

For a game with the name don't starve its damn easy not to.

i've played for about 6h and i never died because of food. don't get me wrong i've died but only because i'm stupid and want to poke everything that is new...stupid bees.

And because there is no hand holding i can't rly tell what is intended,what is exploiting or a bug.

like why can you cook berries on an open fire?and even if you would have a pan what exactly do you cook there and why?or why does cooking meat not consume something like a twig?

Also has the chest some kind of build in refrigerator because none of the stored food gets bad.

The first Trap(s) is damn useless because you don't need it.

First you have to build it, place it,put in bait and then wait. nothing wrong with that if you wouldn't be able to just kill the rabbits.You just have to find the hole then click attack on the rabbit and done.

i would like something like a diminishing return system it would not only make the character healthier and an educational role model it would also make the game more challenging.

The name of the game is Don't Freaking Starve i want every day to think it's my last and be scared to load the game because i might not find enough food and eat my last rotten meat that would bring me to my last HP and a crow should poke me in the head because i smell like dead man and die.

------------------------------

The combat is damn impressive. i have more fun killing stuff then i had in 60h of D3 very responsive and very intuitive.

Some parts of gathering feel tedious like chopping a big ass tree feels like it takes yeeeeears. A visual indication like the stones have would help in my opinion. and im not sure but is chopping or mining etc. with a broken tool not dangerous because it might break and hurt you?just sayn risk>reward

-----------------------------

And a small question how do i delete my save? i would like to lose all the research done but not the characters that i've unlocked. thx and sry for my English

For a game with the name don't starve its damn easy not to.

Well in all fairness they keep tweaking this aspect of the game. If you've only recently started playing then the did make life harder for berry hoarders with the Gobbler.

i've played for about 6h and i never died because of food. don't get me wrong i've died but only because i'm stupid and want to poke everything that is new...stupid bees.

Death by bee, eh? I had death by darkness... which I opted out by suicide attacking a spider nest. My next death will probably be death by hounds...

And because there is no hand holding i can't rly tell what is intended,what is exploiting or a bug.

I like the fact that death teaches you how to play the game. As for exploits and bugs, do both and just be sure to comment about them on the forums. For example, you used to be able to dig-up graves constantly because between games the respawned as untouched. Kevin nipped that exploit/bug in the bud and now graves work fine.

like why can you cook berries on an open fire? and even if you would have a pan what exactly do you cook there and why?

You can cook any food. It would be odd to me if you could cook everything except berries. Yes there is a question as to "how" the berries are cooked, but did you really want to have to create a frying pan just to cook berries? If it bothers you too much you could always not cook them... your choice. :)

or why does cooking meat not consume something like a twig?

Maybe it's hand cooked? :p

If you craft a crock pot and put meat + twigs into it then you may get what you want...

Also has the chest some kind of build in refrigerator because none of the stored food gets bad.

This actually relates to two suggestions. The first is one even Kevin has brought up, namely to include rotting into food. However I believe they are still trying to determine how best to attack food when it's stacked. Say you have 5 meat morsels that you've kept for a few days and were about to rot, then you go hunting and get 10 new meat morsels and stack them together. What happens when the original 5 rot? IMHO, I suggested the game follow Project Zomboid and just have rotten meat/food stack with normal food... and the image tells you whether it's gone bad and you shouldn't eat it. Of course you would have to split it off from the rest of your stack somehow...

The first Trap(s) is damn useless because you don't need it.

First you have to build it, place it,put in bait and then wait. nothing wrong with that if you wouldn't be able to just kill the rabbits.You just have to find the hole then click attack on the rabbit and done.

And next update they'll tweak rabbits so once you kill one the others all freak out and run to their holes. Yes, you can still try hunting rabbits by hand, but rabbit traps have their role too. First off, did you know rabbits stick their heads out of their rabbit holes at random during the night? If you have a trap setup over their hole you'll catch them. The point? You do all your catching during the night and that gives you more time during the day to do other things (other than hunting).

Some parts of gathering feel tedious like chopping a big ass tree feels like it takes yeeeeears. A visual indication like the stones have would help in my opinion. and im not sure but is chopping or mining etc. with a broken tool not dangerous because it might break and hurt you?just sayn risk>reward

Yes, trees take multiple chops depending on their size, but then the larger they are the more logs are provided. I'm fine with not knowing exactly when a tree is going to fall, but then again, I wouldn't mind something... like an axe grove in the side of the tree that grows larger and larger until the tree falls down.

And a small question how do i delete my save? i would like to lose all the research done but not the characters that i've unlocked. thx and sry for my English

Unfortunately they go hand in hand at this time. You can delete your save, but you'll lose your unlocked characters as well.

Death by bee, eh? I had death by darkness... which I opted out by suicide attacking a spider nest. My next death will probably be death by hounds...

not that hard just attack the nest. they all come out and 1hit you if you chill. they rarely come out in my games (bug?) so i hit it run over some flowers they stop and i get the honey woho.

You can cook any food. It would be odd to me if you could cook everything except berries. Yes there is a question as to "how" the berries are cooked, but did you really want to have to create a frying pan just to cook berries? If it bothers you too much you could always not cook them... your choice.

it's odd to me to cook them like it's odd for you not be able to cook them.it also occupies 2 inventory places and you don't rly have a lot of them.

Maybe it's hand cooked?

If you craft a crock pot and put meat + twigs into it then you may get what you want...

my point being in spending more resources.

This actually relates to two suggestions. The first is one even Kevin has brought up, namely to include rotting into food. However I believe they are still trying to determine how best to attack food when it's stacked. Say you have 5 meat morsels that you've kept for a few days and were about to rot, then you go hunting and get 10 new meat morsels and stack them together. What happens when the original 5 rot? IMHO, I suggested the game follow Project Zomboid and just have rotten meat/food stack with normal food... and the image tells you whether it's gone bad and you shouldn't eat it. Of course you would have to split it off from the rest of your stack somehow...

a few days? whats the point in introducing such a system if it would happen in a few days? today its good meat tomorrow its rotten meat.when the sun rises everything should get bad. i want challenge.

And next update they'll tweak rabbits so once you kill one the others all freak out and run to their holes. Yes, you can still try hunting rabbits by hand, but rabbit traps have their role too. First off, did you know rabbits stick their heads out of their rabbit holes at random during the night? If you have a trap setup over their hole you'll catch them. The point? You do all your catching during the night and that gives you more time during the day to do other things (other than hunting).

sounds nice.

Unfortunately they go hand in hand at this time. You can delete your save, but you'll lose your unlocked characters as well.

sucks

it's odd to me to cook them like it's odd for you not be able to cook them.it also occupies 2 inventory places and you don't rly have a lot of them.

It is odd. Have you ever held Shift and clicked on cooked berries with the RMB? Give it a try. ;)

a few days? whats the point in introducing such a system if it would happen in a few days? today its good meat tomorrow its rotten meat.when the sun rises everything should get bad. i want challenge.

How many days is up to debate, all I know is I have food items from around Day 50... and I'm now at Day 150. I have more food than I can eat. On a side note, and a comment I forgot to add about chests, is a while back when I suggested islands with different biomes (if there were never seasons) one of my suggestions was for a snowy island from which the player could harvest ice blocks/chunks and then use in the crafting of an ice box. Obviously the ice would melt so it would need to be replenished after so many days. One way to do this was get another ice block and place it inside the ice box, it disappears and the image for the outside of the ice box is more "chilled" and less water puddles. I suggested this as one way to store meat.

Another suggestion I had was to allow players to find salt and then make salted meats that satiated less hunger, but lasted much longer. This would be more important if rotting was introduced along with seasons, specifically winter.