More Treeants

It's a simple suggestion. I played this game for such a long time. I did one game to 38 days and cut down a massive number of trees and never stumbled upon the tree monster that I saw in the Steam trailer. I figured maybe it wasn't in game yet.

Then I watched my gf playing, and I saw it appear finally on her 5th day. I thought they were pretty cool, and wished I had seen some since it was so dull and simple to get trees.

I'd like to see those guys spawn some more. Not a crap ton, but it would be nice to actually see them at least once or twice when you survive 30 days. I think anything would help right now to make this game a bit more of a challenge, and it'd force the player to stay on their toes just a bit more.

I'm fairly certain they appear completely random based on how many trees you cut down without planting pinecones to replace them. With a little bit of luck and a blatant disregard for the local fauna, the Treant will eventually appear to thwart your attempts at deforestation.

Problem with them appearing more often is that they're a very powerful enemy, almost a boss-fight in fact, who are very hard to kill and will chase you for a while and make gathering further materials difficult due to how far they will really chase you. They're indeed very interesting foes, but the methods of countering them appearing make sense and I wouldn't want to see more simply because of how difficult they are.

Yeah i think it is based on deforestation ratio. I personally see them every time i cut trees. I don't know how i manage to get so lucky. But anyways, I'm cool with more of them but they are just so obnoxious to deal with... If burning them did as well as i hoped it would be fine.

Aah, I never knew that if you just start taking down trees and not planting them it would make them more likely to appear. That's actually really cool.

It makes sense because my gf was burning trees left and right and not planting anything back. I think I could take my statement back now that I know its not completely random. I would like to see a few more though as the days go on to make the game harder, but I do like where they're at.

Thanks for lettin me know

Not sure why you want to see them. I recently had one chase me around "No Tree Island", which I named after my vengeance-fueled deforestation spree. Thankfully I had the foresight to build a pig house and my loyal (stupid?) pig man chased the treeguard around the island hitting it. Funny how the treeguard ignored him because it was busy chasing me, but at nightfall it stopped for a second to attack/kill the pig man and then promptly forgot all about me. Funny how that worked out. Good job piggy! Next time I see that pig man (or his close relative I assume) I'ma gonna give him a hat!

I like the Tree guard, it makes a great meat grinder at the pig village seeing as that is where most of them pop up at for me...mostly due to the fact I set the pigs to logging for me until they run out of happiness from the piece of meat I gave them.