Myrkr The Norseman

Figured I'd give my hand at making a character, this one, is going to be rather odd actually compared to all the others, no custom items, but he will have some drawbacks to him...heeheehee.....

Wybjorn is a savage brute, dwarfing even Wolfgang in stature. He's covered in scars, and wears leather boots/pants/and a vest. Hailing from a village deep in Scandinavia, he's rustic and simplistic, not to mention very...very brutal in how he deals with animals.

Pros

-Increased Health

-Deals 4X damage with Axes (aka, double what you'd normally deal with a spear, just, only with axes)

-Item stacks are increased by 50% (20 becomes 30, 40 becomes 60, etc)

Cons

-Decreased 'Fill' value from foods (He has to eat more often)

-He only fills hunger from meat

-Animals are afraid of him, pigs/beefalo/frogs will run, tall birds and spiders will immediately attack

Basicly, he's the 'savage' of the group, Wolfgang kinda reminds me of an english title boxer, not so much as a 'savage' kinda guy. Plus....with the 'Beefalo hat' kinda....just suddenly thought of this guy. Give me some feed back, and if it's good, I'll try my hand at sketching him up, if not, no big deal.

Edited by Llyr
Rename from Myrkr to Wybjorn, updating due to input from mobius187 & RC (thanks for the feedback)

I never noticed that.......

Seriously? You never noticed everone had a "W" in their name? :p

No biggy, rename to 'Wybjorn'

Now that works.

The key issue I have with the idea is, as you pointed out, he seems to be a re-tooled version of Wolfgang. I'm not saying the perks and problems are not unique, as they are interesting, only that its the package. A big fighting guy.

Hmmm. Maybe have it that he only eats meat... then that would eliminate the berry bush "con" as you couldn't eat berries anyway. On the topic of stack maximums, you listed the updated heavy item capacity, but what about medium and light items? I assume those would be increased to 40 and 50 respectively?

I'm curious whether skills will ever be introduced at some stage, as that would be another way to differentiate these characters.

Anyway, just some suggestions.

Actually, I do like the 'meat only' thing, that would fit, he's a big strong viking after all. And I hadn't thought of the other item stacks, that would also work, and would still allow him to move the bushes around so he can make a gobble farm somewhat.

------

Updated due to Mobius' imput (thankies for the help)

------

To adress the 'wolfgang retool' comment, he doesn't have double the health/food/damage of every one else, he would, preferably only have 150hp (the avg of the two) the normal hunger meter (that would probably only last half as long) and only gets the damage boost with an axe. Also I was considering putting in a note that Beefalo attack him if he gets to close due to the fact that he smells of dead animals, thus making the Beefalo Hat actually useful, for him any way

Edited by Llyr

I'd rahter have something that set hims more apart. Like, a fear of all animals from him : pigs, beefalos, talbirds, gobblers...

I like the hunger for him but more if it was in the sense that he gains LESS from food. (having a big stomach and all).

I've got mixed feelings about the axe. Spear would become obsolete if I get you right ? It should be only a small boost, to help his early game. But then, why would you use the tent to switch to Wubjorn ? Just for small extra health ? You'd rather go for wolfgang directly. All in all, he's maybe not too different to have a real use. I could imagine great art for him, but axe (or tool) boost plus carry capacity... He would only be used as mule to transport stuff from one base to an other. That wouldn't be the best use to get out of a "norseman" !

My two cents.

True, but I personally don't use the tent (And think it should be changed to work like a re-usable bed roll, you just have to use some silk on it every day to fix it back up) and he would have an easier time hauling things back to a base camp than the other people, but, his food supply is much more limited and he'd have to rely on the traps/crock pot alooooot more than every one else. And, the spear would still be useful until he gets a gold axe, as the axe looses about 1.5-2.5 durability per strike AND would need to be used for chopping down trees. Although, I do like the 'all animals fear him' it would keep him from getting pig followers

----------------

Updated original post, thanks for the feed back guys, every one who's given feed back is credited with helping shape him.

Edited by Llyr