Where are all the mushrooms?

Hidden

Seriously, this game needs mushrooms man!

You know, they could be really tasty and fill your stomach, they could be medicine, they could be poison. You never know which one you pick until you do some research :). This also gives rise to the possibilty for a magic easter egg. :eek:

Survival game and no mushrooms. Atarihuana is not amused ;)

Hidden

Agreed, and a fair amount of other players have mentioned wanting mushrooms too. They would be a fun addition to the game and could have random effects so that you never know if they will be good or bad. Maybe even have mushrooms that can cause some crazy hallucinations.

Also welcome to the forum.

Hidden

Agreed. As 501105 knows, whenever a forum member posts about mushrooms I'm all for it. I've been for them ever since I suggested underground areas (not the first to suggest it, but it's an idea that needs to be promoted and sicussed further) and mushrooms were one of my suggested food sources.

IMHO, there should be several different types of mushrooms each with a distinct appearance/colour. And furthermore, whenever a player starts a new map/game the effects associated with each mushroom should be randomized. In this way everyone would know that, yes, there is a poisonous mushroom, a hallucinogenic mushroom, a medicinal mushroom, a delicious mushroom, ect, but they wouldn't be able to automatically know which is which from one game to the next. Instead they would need to try one out and then remember its effect. Obvious I wouldn't suggest the poisonous mushroom be fatal, maybe instead making the player nauseous (i.e. throw up food) or slowly deteriorate their health... but then stop after a time.

Hidden
Agreed. As 501105 knows, whenever a forum member posts about mushrooms I'm all for it. I've been for them ever since I suggested underground areas (not the first to suggest it, but it's an idea that needs to be promoted and sicussed further) and mushrooms were one of my suggested food sources.

IMHO, there should be several different types of mushrooms each with a distinct appearance/colour. And furthermore, whenever a player starts a new map/game the effects associated with each mushroom should be randomized. In this way everyone would know that, yes, there is a poisonous mushroom, a hallucinogenic mushroom, a medicinal mushroom, a delicious mushroom, ect, but they wouldn't be able to automatically know which is which from one game to the next. Instead they would need to try one out and then remember its effect. Obvious I wouldn't suggest the poisonous mushroom be fatal, maybe instead making the player nauseous (i.e. throw up food) or slowly deteriorate their health... but then stop after a time.

Hehe, I could never forget it, you are the beaches and mushroom person (those two combined sound strange though ;) )

As stated several times, I like the random mushroom idea. Just like in The Binding of Isaac, each new run means that mushrooms have other effects. The orange mushroom may be healing in one run and poisonous in the next.

Hidden
I sure did like the artwork for the mushrooms he suggested. Not sure about them being on boulders... but he sure made it look nice.

I agree.. rocks on boulders is weird, because that type of fungus doesn't live in rocks, but inoculates and lives in dead wood (also grass and dirt). I like your ideas on different kinds of mushrooms, mobius, but I think they should be rarely found in the grass, but more commonly found on logs on the ground. Wouldn't it be exciting if you cut down some trees, left the logs on the ground for days, then come back to that area and there was a flush of morels growing out of them?! Obviously it couldn't be every log you drop on the ground, but... so many recipes could open up with mushrooms in this game!