More Music Cues?

I feel like there could be more music in the game. Not constantly, of course, that would probably break the mood more than help it. But what if there were more musical cues than the fight theme, a destroying nature theme, night is coming, ect?

Why not a science theme when you use the science machine? Or a particular refrain when you dig up graves? Farming tune? Cooking tune? Maybe Wilson could craft a guitar out of some spiderwebs and planks, and just spend the night plucking at it. XD

Thoughts?

while I am am generally a fan of good gaming music, I think the music we have in game (the few that is), is already pretty well implemented. fighting is a lot more intens due to the fighting theme, but that only works because of the general lack of music. if we had a theme for everything we do, a chopping wood theme, a mining theme, a running around and smell the flowers theme, the switch to the fighting music would be less intense, and thus, the fighting too.

maybe there should be both, an option to either have more music or not. but as of now, I think it is fine as it is.

a legit suggestion anyway, its just not my thing.

Dude, you could have a chopping wood theme, and have the swings of your ax be the beat.

It would turn Don't Starve into a glorious musical! (...)

As you spend much time chopping wood, i totally agree, and the beat being with the axe-swings would be the most awsome idea that i saw in the last 10 seconds :D

I enjoy good music and I would entertain the idea that the background music should change every now and then, I'm not sure we need it to change for every situation. For me I would say maybe we should have around 3-4 daytime soundtracks, 2-3 night soundtracks, 1-2 combat soundtracks, and then 1-2 undergorund soundtracks for, you know, when they eventually include underground areas. ;)