[Item] Demonic Axe

I thought of an item that would allow you to chop a certain amount of trees within a radius instantly.

The catch being is that for the amount of trees you chopped, you lose a certain amount of health permanently. (Selling your soul to the axe)

I thought this would be a cool idea seeing how people set up tree farms and don't want to wait to chop the trees down.

Ingredients would be something like

400 research points.

12 total raw or cooked Monster Meat.

2 Luxury axes.

You would cook the Luxury Axes with 3 Monster Meat each which would produce a Cursed Axe.

Cook the two Cursed Axes together to produce the Demonic Axe drained of power.

Cook the Demonic Axe with the 6 remaining Monster Meat to get the Demonic Axe full of power. It would have 10 uses. (Or something like this)

This would also go for the pickaxe and shovel.

Pickaxe - would be instantly mine rocks at the cost of 2 permanent health for 10 days. Or mine all rocks within a certain radius.

Not sure about the shovel.

Another idea I just thought of would be calling the Demonic Items, Maxwell's Items. Seeing as he is a demon/magician.

Edited by kalamari157

It would save a lot of time, but I am having a bit of doubt about magical weapons in general. The things you can do in the game are far from normal, but most of it is not really magical either. Not to mention that most players would probably not be willing to sell part of their soul just to save time.

Same here... I was hoping that Don't Starve wouldn't play up on magic of any kind, and yes, I do know there's a Magic tab for inventions with the Pan Flute and Meat Effigy in there... but even so I was hoping they would make it more pseudo-science in nature. I'm hopeful the game will stick closer to science.